Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-06-09T01:12:47Z by Trey
M.RDSTR
M.RDSTR
3 Posts

Pinned topic Simultaneous Account Usage

‏2014-05-28T20:36:37Z |

Can an account, in particular the admin account, be set such that it can only be in use once at any given time?

• Kumar_Y
    Kumar_Y
    380 Posts

Re: Simultaneous Account Usage

‏2014-05-28T21:04:10Z  

If you thinking like give admin type privilege and gets expired within few hours, then I doubt you can do that. You can create admin group and have user to give access and then remove the access of XYZ user.

• M.RDSTR
    M.RDSTR
    3 Posts

‏2014-06-02T14:40:25Z  
    • Kumar_Y
    • ‏2014-05-28T21:04:10Z

If you thinking like give admin type privilege and gets expired within few hours, then I doubt you can do that. You can create admin group and have user to give access and then remove the access of XYZ user.

Kumar

thanks for the reply. Perhaps I did not pose the question correctly. I'm not looking to limit the id to one use only then it is gone. I'm looking to limit the id so it can only be in use one at a time. Meaning if I were logged on using admin id 1234 you could not use id admin id 1234 untill I was no longer using it.

George 

• Kumar_Y
    Kumar_Y
    380 Posts

‏2014-06-02T14:45:48Z  
    • M.RDSTR
    • ‏2014-06-02T14:40:25Z

Kumar

thanks for the reply. Perhaps I did not pose the question correctly. I'm not looking to limit the id to one use only then it is gone. I'm looking to limit the id so it can only be in use one at a time. Meaning if I were logged on using admin id 1234 you could not use id admin id 1234 untill I was no longer using it.

George 

I doubt that it whether this feature will be available or not? You are asking something what happens when someone is using serialcom, if any user account is logged in you can't the same account untill session is completed or disconnected.

• M.RDSTR
    M.RDSTR
    3 Posts

‏2014-06-02T15:35:42Z  
    • Kumar_Y
    • ‏2014-06-02T14:45:48Z

I doubt that it whether this feature will be available or not? You are asking something what happens when someone is using serialcom, if any user account is logged in you can't the same account untill session is completed or disconnected.

Kumar

yes that is what I'm looking for. I don't think it is anything that can be done. I'm wondering if anyone else is getting this requirment   

George

• Kumar_Y
    Kumar_Y
    380 Posts

‏2014-06-02T16:26:53Z  
    • M.RDSTR
    • ‏2014-06-02T15:35:42Z

Kumar

yes that is what I'm looking for. I don't think it is anything that can be done. I'm wondering if anyone else is getting this requirment   

George

I don't think you can't do that, plus why you want admin account shared by everyone. You can always create admin groups to do that.

• Trey
    Trey
    227 Posts

‏2014-06-09T01:12:47Z  

I used to have a technote out about this.  The short answer is no.  You can limit a user/domain but you can not "block" a domain or object while a user is in it.  But you are correct if two users have access to the domain/object and both make a chance then the last person to save wins.

not to push technotes but situations like this or disappearing objects or objects lost after a reload are why I always ask admins to setup a config log target so we can see who did save or was save even done;

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21497973

I hope this helps.