Topic
No replies
BruceMFB
BruceMFB
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Evolution of DevOps

‏2013-12-27T02:26:35Z |

The business requirements in today's climate requires that organizations, even traditional companies get innovation into the hands of customers quickly. The pace of change is accelerating. The pace of innovation is accelerating. These organizations feel today the pressure to compete on technology. They also feel the pressure to get to market faster.

Today the challenge is we take too long to develop the software and actually make it available to the customers. The whole point of DevOps is how can I continuously deliver software and be able to get the users to use it and then be able to learn from it and improve the software. We think clients need to establish DevOps as an enterprise capability, to really deliver software continuously: how do I innovate, how do I get it to my users, how do I improve the client experience, and use that feedback to deliver more improvement to improve software. What we're doing is first off we're making it real for ourselves. We're starting to adopt it, we're starting to roll out the practices and the approach internally so that we can first live it understand the complications and how difficult it is to change the culture and the process, and really refine our tools.

What UrbanCode brings to the table is the ability to unclog that deployment pipeline so that those releases being fed in by the Agile development teams are getting their customers at just the same rapid pace. It does this by automating the deployment process for applications into the production environment as well as pre production environments.

What does this mean for customers - well it means that they're going to have a much stronger, more robust DevOps solution, and more importantly, a continuous delivery capability and functionality that they can use to rapidly deliver innovation. Together we can accelerate the feedback loop that Agile development teams need through the delivery pipeline. DevOps will enable customers to have the flexibility and be able to deliver to become a more of an agile enterprise. It's really unleashing the power of Agile development teams and allowing that value proposition to really be felt by the customer.