• 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-27T05:44:55Z by franzw
SravanKumarR
SravanKumarR
43 Posts

Pinned topic Attachment feature in email from ITIM 5.1

‏2013-08-20T05:44:34Z |

Hi,

I want to send consolidated new user details as an attachment(.csv or .txt) for that particular day.

Is there any way to send as an attachment from ITIM by consolidating all new users(based on condition)?

Updated on 2013-08-20T05:45:04Z at 2013-08-20T05:45:04Z by SravanKumarR
  • franzw
    franzw
    339 Posts

Re: Attachment feature in email from ITIM 5.1

‏2013-08-20T06:08:08Z  

There is no way you can do this in the product currently (and I have heard of no plans nor rumors for a feature for this).

That leaves you with a couple of choices - you can develop a workflow extension that can do this - this is rather complex task that requires J2EE and ISIM skills to get it right...

Another possibility is to include a link in the mail to the file instead - this is much easier - you must then ensure how the file is stored on a file/http server so it can be retrieved - but that is probably much simpler than developing an extension...

HTH

Regards

Franz Wolfhagen

• SravanKumarR
    SravanKumarR
    43 Posts

‏2013-08-20T06:16:50Z  
    • franzw
    • ‏2013-08-20T06:08:08Z

There is no way you can do this in the product currently (and I have heard of no plans nor rumors for a feature for this).

That leaves you with a couple of choices - you can develop a workflow extension that can do this - this is rather complex task that requires J2EE and ISIM skills to get it right...

Another possibility is to include a link in the mail to the file instead - this is much easier - you must then ensure how the file is stored on a file/http server so it can be retrieved - but that is probably much simpler than developing an extension...

HTH

Regards

Franz Wolfhagen

Thanks Franz for your quick reply.

what is the option of workflow extension? can we have consolidated user list to update it somewhere?

If so, we can use TDI to send that file from that location.

• franzw
    franzw
    339 Posts

‏2013-08-20T06:32:37Z  

Thanks Franz for your quick reply.

what is the option of workflow extension? can we have consolidated user list to update it somewhere?

If so, we can use TDI to send that file from that location.

If you do not know anything about coding extension you should stop right there...

But take a look in the examples - there are a couple of very simple extensions examples there - but in theory you can make an extension do whatever is possible within the limits of data science - so yes - a list is possible...

BUT - you have to consider the security of the whole system when you do this - if your ISIM system is compromised using a home developed extension your place will, not be nice place to be.... - so again - developing an extension requires a certain skill level - if you do not have that you have to buy some body who has or develop the skill - but this is either expensive or time consuming...

My advice is to go back and understand what the pain of the customer REALLY is - there are normally simpler ways to solve problems like these by challenging the requirement than trying to make ISIM go though loops and hoops...

Regards

Franz Wolfhagen

• SravanKumarR
    SravanKumarR
    43 Posts

‏2013-08-27T04:14:04Z  
    • franzw
    • ‏2013-08-20T06:32:37Z

If you do not know anything about coding extension you should stop right there...

But take a look in the examples - there are a couple of very simple extensions examples there - but in theory you can make an extension do whatever is possible within the limits of data science - so yes - a list is possible...

BUT - you have to consider the security of the whole system when you do this - if your ISIM system is compromised using a home developed extension your place will, not be nice place to be.... - so again - developing an extension requires a certain skill level - if you do not have that you have to buy some body who has or develop the skill - but this is either expensive or time consuming...

My advice is to go back and understand what the pain of the customer REALLY is - there are normally simpler ways to solve problems like these by challenging the requirement than trying to make ISIM go though loops and hoops...

Regards

Franz Wolfhagen

Franz,

Please help me out where to start for the extension to send an attachment from workflow(will take it from there).

• franzw
    franzw
    339 Posts

‏2013-08-27T05:44:55Z  

Franz,

Please help me out where to start for the extension to send an attachment from workflow(will take it from there).

I have already pointed you to the examples - if they are not enough to get you going I cannot help you more - this is not a place where I give away free services - making such things is my profession.

So - my recommendation is to make a choice - either find somebody that you can hire that have done this kind of work before (this IS important) or drop the requirement i.e solve the problem in a totally other way.

Regards

Franz Wolfhagen