IC SunsetThe developerWorks Connections platform will be sunset on December 31, 2019. On January 1, 2020, this forum will no longer be available. More details available on our FAQ.
Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2016-05-01T08:24:32Z by Nico Schilling
Nico Schilling
Nico Schilling
10 Posts

Pinned topic maintenance manager with ADSI authentication

‏2016-04-30T11:19:33Z | adsi authentication maintenance nenu

Hello everyone,

I want to use the Datacap maintenance manager to delete old batches in the database and the filesystem. Therefore I set up a NENU app. 
This was successfull and it worked fine, as long as I use TMA as the authentication mechanism. If i configure ADSI as the authentication method, the NENU app is not able to log in the main app.
I created a scheduled task in windows. The RunAs-User of the scheduled task is a serviceuser which is able to access datacap. The scheduled task runs on the TMS server, so the station is also configured in datacap.

From my point of view the information in the KC ( https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSZRWV_9.0.0/com.ibm.dc.install.doc/dcain077.htm ) is not very clear.

Attached you can find my ruleset as a screenshot. In the *_rrs.log the following information can be found:

00:41:42.948 (32)    t:4E8 p:3EFD998 DCSmart Metaword sArgument: <app>
00:41:42.948 (0)    t:4E8 p:3EFD998 Smart Parameter return value: ''
00:41:42.951 (15)    t:4E8 p:3EFD998 C:\Datacap\dcshared\NET\Datacap.Libraries.Nenu.dll. AssemblyVersion: 9.0.0.0. AssemblyFileVersion: 9.0.0.53.
00:41:42.951 (0)    t:4E8 p:3EFD998 Running SetupOpenApplication Action...
00:41:43.902 (938)    t:4E8 p:3EFD998 !!! ERROR !!!: Cannot login to application:'<app>', server:'tms', admin:'tmadmin', engine:'tmengine', user name:'domain\Datacap-Service', station:''. Error message from aTM:'Login name and/or password invalid.
Please try again.'
00:41:43.903 (0)    t:4E8 p:3EFD998 Running SetupDisconnectAll Action...

Hopefully there is somebody out there who solved this problem already. Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• Nico Schilling
    Nico Schilling
    10 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: maintenance manager with ADSI authentication

‏2016-05-01T08:24:32Z  

I found the answer myself. If somebody has the same problem, attached you can find the solution.

The value for the action "SetUser" must be "Domain\User" - like in the lower right of the datacap studio. It must be the same user as the "RunAs" of the scheduled task. The value of the action "SetStation" must be the hostname of the server where the scheduled task runs.
    If you need to do this for more than one application, just copy the whole function within the rule and change the parameter in the action "SetApplication". 

• Nico Schilling
    Nico Schilling
    10 Posts

Re: maintenance manager with ADSI authentication

‏2016-05-01T08:24:32Z  

I found the answer myself. If somebody has the same problem, attached you can find the solution.

The value for the action "SetUser" must be "Domain\User" - like in the lower right of the datacap studio. It must be the same user as the "RunAs" of the scheduled task. The value of the action "SetStation" must be the hostname of the server where the scheduled task runs.
    If you need to do this for more than one application, just copy the whole function within the rule and change the parameter in the action "SetApplication".