Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-02-03T20:27:38Z by ErasmusTapera
ErasmusTapera
ErasmusTapera
11 Posts

Pinned topic HATS 9 portlet

‏2014-02-02T15:25:23Z |

Quick question.  I have created HATS portlets in the past, previous to HATS 9.  However, with HATS, when I right click on my project, I select Generate Portlet Project, however there are no Target Test Environmnets enabled in the drop down.

I do have Portal 8 running on WAS 8.5 running as a server on the same machine, however it is not selectable here.  What am I missing?...is it the Portal tools?  I thought that the fact that I have the "generate" option, that means that I have it installed.

Can you help by telling me what am I missing?

Many thanks!!

• RAliasParas
    RAliasParas
    15 Posts

Re: HATS 9 portlet

‏2014-02-03T13:36:11Z  

You might want to update your RAD to 9.0.1. It contain the server adapter for WebSphere Portal 8.0 Server on WAS ND 8.5 then you will see it in the list of available server adapters. Thanks!

-Rafay

• ErasmusTapera
    ErasmusTapera
    11 Posts

‏2014-02-03T14:33:00Z  

You might want to update your RAD to 9.0.1. It contain the server adapter for WebSphere Portal 8.0 Server on WAS ND 8.5 then you will see it in the list of available server adapters. Thanks!

-Rafay

Good Morning,

Here are some additional notes, that just add to my confusion:

• I am running 9.0.1 and I did verify that the Portal tools are installed
    • I have 1 HATS web project that does have the selectable option for generating a Portlet project however it has no Target server options
    • I created another web project this weekend, I now no longer can get the Generate Porlet Project option on any new web projects that I create
    • I created a HATS portlet project where I did create and exported a portlet *.WAR file, included all supporting files but my Portal 8 on WAS 8.5 server refuses to install the file saying that it is an incomplete file.  I tried several times
    • WebService creation process works fine

I'm at a loss.  Any suggestions?

• RAliasParas
    RAliasParas
    15 Posts

‏2014-02-03T16:56:04Z  

Good Morning,

• I have 1 HATS web project that does have the selectable option for generating a Portlet project however it has no Target server options
    • I created another web project this weekend, I now no longer can get the Generate Porlet Project option on any new web projects that I create
    • I created a HATS portlet project where I did create and exported a portlet *.WAR file, included all supporting files but my Portal 8 on WAS 8.5 server refuses to install the file saying that it is an incomplete file.  I tried several times

Few suggestions if you haven't done this already:

• When updating to RAD to 9.0.1, select everything, select all the check-boxes that appear over there.
    • Now if you create a new HATS project and select WPS 8.0 on WAS 85 as Target server and appropriate Portlet API; you will no longer see the Generate Portlet Project option in the project's context menu. It is already set to be as portlet project.
    • You can directly run it from RAD by doing run on server option, or you just export it to WAR and install it to portal server.

I have everything working fine with following environment: Windows 7 64-Bit Service Pack 1, RAD 9.0.1, HATS 9.0.0.0, WAS ND 8.5.5.1, WPS 8.0.0.1 CF09

• RAliasParas
    RAliasParas
    15 Posts

‏2014-02-03T16:58:06Z  

Good Morning,

• When updating to RAD to 9.0.1, select everything, select all the check-boxes that appear over there.
    • Now if you create a new HATS project and select WPS 8.0 on WAS 85 as Target server and appropriate Portlet API; you will no longer see the Generate Portlet Project option in the project's context menu. It is already set to be as portlet project.
    • You can directly run it from RAD by doing run on server option, or you just export it to WAR and install it to portal server.

I have everything working fine with following environment: Windows 7 64-Bit Service Pack 1, RAD 9.0.1, HATS 9.0.0.0, WAS ND 8.5.5.1, WPS 8.0.0.1 CF09

• ErasmusTapera
    ErasmusTapera
    11 Posts

‏2014-02-03T20:27:38Z  

Is there any chance of a web conference so that I can demonstrate to you?