Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-01-20T05:53:46Z by jburke
paunus
paunus
162 Posts

Pinned topic Lowering CC license timeout period (Flex/Common license type)?

‏2013-11-05T14:54:50Z |

Hey all,

Thought I saw a tech note on this somewhere (will keep searching), but wanted to check how to go about changing the CC licensing timeout period, for Common/Flex licensing.

Using CC 7.1.2.x in a Win7 environment.

We recently switched from Atria to Common (flex) licensing - finally - but now realize the timeout period is likely higher than the 30 minutes I was able to lower it to with Atria licensing.

Any ideas would be great - thanks!

Paul

• smeany
    smeany
    51 Posts

Re: Lowering CC license timeout period (Flex/Common license type)?

‏2013-11-05T22:48:48Z  

I believe this is the one you may be looking for: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?ratlid=cctocbody&rs=984&uid=swg21135435

• paunus
    paunus
    162 Posts

‏2013-11-06T15:33:35Z  
    • smeany
    • ‏2013-11-05T22:48:48Z

Thanks - yes I found this one and followed the instructions (using the first filename suggestion), restarted license service, but suspect it did not do the trick

How would I go about confirming the license manager does indeed see the new timeout value set for CC licenses?

• jburke
    jburke
    17 Posts

‏2014-01-20T05:53:46Z  
    • paunus
    • ‏2013-11-06T15:33:35Z

Thanks - yes I found this one and followed the instructions (using the first filename suggestion), restarted license service, but suspect it did not do the trick

How would I go about confirming the license manager does indeed see the new timeout value set for CC licenses?

Found the following additional technotes on setting the Flexlm timeout.  You should be able to confirm that the TIMEOUT or TIMEOUTALL variable is set on windows by opening a cmd prompt and executing the "set" command.

Modifying the floating license time-out period

FLEXnet Licensing Environment Variables