2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-08-13T18:14:13Z by misael.holanda
misael.holanda
misael.holanda
7 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Optim DMS Service takes long time to finish

‏2013-08-12T18:43:36Z |

Hello,

I created a service in Optim Data Masking Solution, in the Optim Designer 2.2.3.20120203_1439, to mask a table that have around of 270.000 rows. The problem is that the service is taking a lot of time to finish.

The database is a SQL Server 2000. I'm using a French address information policy to mask the column's value with some cities names. The column is a VARCHAR(50).

Does anyone have any idea to help me to discover why the service is taking to long to finish?

Best Regards,
Misael Holanda

• sundar_chinnagoundan
    11 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Optim DMS Service takes long time to finish

‏2013-08-13T17:34:23Z  in response to misael.holanda

Misael,

270k records is low in volume to cause performance issue. Have you validated Server and Database health, to rule out external factors? If you have already done that, then DBA can assist you in tracing the process to identify bottleneck (if it is due to field length etc.).  Try running simple/different data masking function on same table to rule out external factors.

Thanks,

Sundar Chinnagoundan

• misael.holanda
      misael.holanda
      7 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Optim DMS Service takes long time to finish

‏2013-08-13T18:14:13Z  in response to sundar_chinnagoundan

Hello Sundar!

We are trying to investigate what could be affecting the service's performance. At this moment, we created the same table in another environment and I will try to execute the service in this environment and check the service's statistics.

I will talk to you as soon as possible about the results.

Thanks for help.

Best Regards,
      Misael Holanda