Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
6 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-11-12T13:17:18Z by Dragos.Cojocari
Dragos.Cojocari
Dragos.Cojocari
1608 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic RPE 1.2.1

‏2013-10-31T09:51:50Z |

IBM Rational Publishing Engine 1.2.1 has been made generally available and contains new features as well as fixes for client-reported and internally found defects.

Here are some immediately useful 1.2.1 links

This and more useful information is available in the RPE 1.2.1 Download Document

NOTE: the GA version of 1.2.1 does not include the fix for 1.2.0.1 HotFix for Dynamic Data Source Performance as the issue has been reported and fixed after the point where it could have been included in 1.2.1. The fix for that issue will come through a hot fix in the same way we've provided it for 1.2.0.1.

• Dragos.Cojocari
    Dragos.Cojocari
    1608 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: RPE 1.2.1

‏2013-11-06T10:50:44Z  in response to Dragos.Cojocari

A hot fix for RPE 1.2.1 has been published. More details here: http://rpeactual.com/2013/11/06/rpe-1-2-1-hotfix/

• BillTidy
      BillTidy
      69 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-11T14:24:27Z  in response to Dragos.Cojocari

Hi Dragos

Any way to install this patch without using the 'My IBM Installation Manager'?

• Dragos.Cojocari
        Dragos.Cojocari
        1608 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-12T08:54:58Z  in response to BillTidy

Hey Bill,

I do not understand what you mean by "without using the 'My IBM Installation Manager'?" The patching process is manual. Or did you mean to ask if the patch can be done using the install manager?

Regards,

Dragos

• BillTidy
          BillTidy
          69 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-12T12:05:19Z  in response to Dragos.Cojocari

Hi Dragos

No, I installed the 'My Installation Manager' because it seems to be the only way to install patches from RPE 1.2 onwards and requires some fiddling to download the patch, then start up the installation manager, then registering the patch, then installing the patch. 

My question is, is there no longer an exe to run the install outside of the Installation Manager environment (as was previously the case)?

• Dragos.Cojocari
            Dragos.Cojocari
            1608 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-12T13:16:01Z  in response to BillTidy

Hey Bill,

RPE 1.2.1 is a mod release and comes with a full installer that you can download from the Passport Advantage site or use the DVDs. The installer has an exe and is self contained, you do not need to tinker with anything.

The hotfix that I mention has no installer and its installation process is entirely manual as was the process for all previous RPE hotfixes. 

Regards,

Dragos

• Dragos.Cojocari
            Dragos.Cojocari
            1608 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-12T13:17:18Z  in response to BillTidy

Hey Bill,

RPE 1.2.1 is a mod release and comes with a full installer that you can download from the Passport Advantage site or use the DVDs. The installer has an exe and is self contained, you do not need to tinker with anything.

The hotfix that I mention has no installer and its installation process is entirely manual as was the process for all previous RPE hotfixes. 

Regards,

Dragos