Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-02-05T06:44:14Z by bwa
bwa
bwa
47 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Object of type [class com.ibm.ws.jdbc.DataSourceService] available at JNDI location [jndiDB] is not assignable to [javax.sql.DataSource]

‏2014-02-03T13:40:57Z |

Running Liberty Profile

Launching defaultServer (WebSphere Application Server 8.5.5.0/wlp-1.0.3.20130510-0831) on IBM J9 VM, version pwa6470sr5-20130619_01 (SR5) (no_NO)

Getting this message

Caused by: org.springframework.jndi.TypeMismatchNamingException: Object of type [class com.ibm.ws.jdbc.DataSourceService] available at JNDI location [EAWServerDB] is not assignable to [javax.sql.DataSource]

Looks like the DataSource returned from Liberty is com.ibm.ws.jdbc.DataSourceService instead of javax.sql.DataSource ?

Here is my jdbc config from server.xml

<dataSource id="ORACLE" jndiName="EAWServerDB" jdbcDriverRef="ORACLEJDBCDriver" type="javax.sql.DataSource">
    <properties.oracle URL="jdbc:oracle:thin:@shareddbtest:1521:divtest" password="crm_portal_u5r" user="crm_portal"/>
    </dataSource>

<library id="lib">
    <fileset dir="${shared.resource.dir}" includes="ojdbc6.jar"/>
  </library>

<jdbcDriver id="ORACLEJDBCDriver" libraryRef="lib"></jdbcDriver>

/Bjørn-Willy Arntzen

• njr11
    njr11
    14 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Object of type [class com.ibm.ws.jdbc.DataSourceService] available at JNDI location [jndiDB] is not assignable to [javax.sql.DataSource]

‏2014-02-04T14:30:21Z  in response to bwa

There have been some recent fixes in this area.  Have you tried with 8.5.5.1 ?

• bwa
      bwa
      47 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Object of type [class com.ibm.ws.jdbc.DataSourceService] available at JNDI location [jndiDB] is not assignable to [javax.sql.DataSource]

‏2014-02-05T06:44:14Z  in response to njr11

F**k ...

I updated to 8.5.5.1 and then I saw that the oracle driver was not there anymore. After restoring the driver it works ...

/bwa