Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-07-21T07:26:43Z by tmparker
DevelopScreen
DevelopScreen
1 Post

Pinned topic HATS customer questions

‏2014-07-21T04:14:17Z |

Customer has a couple of questions which unfortunately I cannot give explicit answers. fyi I90 is a customer application environment

1 Browser forward and back buttons allow the user to subvert i90 enforced navigation, and possibly break the i90 transaction flow. It would be nice
to be able to disable forward/back buttons browser buttons, or have HATS ignore them

2 Mouse interactivity doesn't always do what it suggests. ie, clicking on a menu item with a value of 1 actually executes an f1 key press. It would be
nice to be able to default to the "default" interactivity in HATS to disable mouse interaction

3 Fields in HATS are GUI enabled, which breaks the normal cursor flow through the I90 screens. It would be nice to have HATS act as a dumb
terminal, preserving the cursor flow

4 HATS holds onto sessions if the browser is closed. It would be nice to be able to force a new session on each login to HATS
  • tmparker
    tmparker
    519 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: HATS customer questions

‏2014-07-21T07:26:43Z  

1. You can't actually disable the browser back button but you can prevent it from changing the page by adding a few lines of JavaScript to the <head> of your template.

<script type="text/javascript">
    //workaround browser back button
    if(window.history.forward() != null){
        window.history.forward();
    }
    </script>

2. I can't answer that without seeing the screen you are referring to. I'm not clear what is happening with your screen or what may be causing it without knowing more information,

3. If you want a field rendering only, which will provide basic text and input fields only, you can apply the default_transformation.jsp that is supplied with HATS or disable all the rendering rules for the default transformations in the HATS Project Settings and only enable the "Remaining text and input fields" rule.

4. You can use the AJAX asynchronous disconnect feature in HATS to clean up sessions once the browser has been closed.  Look at the section entitled "Automatic Disconnect and Refresh" here, http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/hatshelp/v90/topic/com.ibm.hats.doc/doc/ugprject.htm. If you choose not to use that feature then the only other way to get a new session would be to use URL rewriting. You can read about that here: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21434005

Thanks
    Tim

• tmparker
    tmparker
    519 Posts

Re: HATS customer questions

‏2014-07-21T07:26:43Z  

1. You can't actually disable the browser back button but you can prevent it from changing the page by adding a few lines of JavaScript to the <head> of your template.

<script type="text/javascript">
    //workaround browser back button
    if(window.history.forward() != null){
        window.history.forward();
    }
    </script>

2. I can't answer that without seeing the screen you are referring to. I'm not clear what is happening with your screen or what may be causing it without knowing more information,

3. If you want a field rendering only, which will provide basic text and input fields only, you can apply the default_transformation.jsp that is supplied with HATS or disable all the rendering rules for the default transformations in the HATS Project Settings and only enable the "Remaining text and input fields" rule.

4. You can use the AJAX asynchronous disconnect feature in HATS to clean up sessions once the browser has been closed.  Look at the section entitled "Automatic Disconnect and Refresh" here, http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/hatshelp/v90/topic/com.ibm.hats.doc/doc/ugprject.htm. If you choose not to use that feature then the only other way to get a new session would be to use URL rewriting. You can read about that here: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21434005

Thanks
    Tim