Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-06-04T07:47:11Z by Dragos.Cojocari
DXLUser
DXLUser
27 Posts

Pinned topic Publishing based on DOORS section

‏2013-05-08T18:36:22Z |

I have an RPE table in my template that publishes information based on a modules view.  Is there a condition that I can use to publish the table in any section it is located in a DOORS module?

For example: Section 1.1 Test  ( I would publish below this section)

But in a different module it can probably be in section 1.2 Test ( I would publish the table below this section)

Any help would highly be appreciated.

• ChrisHardy68
    ChrisHardy68
    86 Posts

Re: Publishing based on DOORS section

‏2013-05-24T06:39:04Z  

Hi T

Based on the info you provided  he only way i can think of doing this is if the text "Test" is in the Object Heading attribute of an object.

If it is the create a container that checks if Object Heading = Test , if it does then publish the view

• BillTidy
    BillTidy
    72 Posts

‏2013-06-03T11:57:17Z  

I think you're asking or confusing 2 different things.

RPE loops for every object in your module that is visible in your current (saved) view - which can include a filter. So, it prints your table wherever it finds it in your module according to any data condition you placed on that table, either indirectly through the view you are exporting from or directly in your RPE template (eg Object Number >= 1.1 as a data condition).

It sounds like you want to only export a section of your module - the easiest way to do that is to create views with filtering set to the sections you want to export and then run your RPE publish using the appropriate view. You could do something smart in the RPE template itself with scripting to determine a section at runtime but I would avoid that as exporting from views is more visible and easier to understand for most people.

Updated on 2013-06-03T11:58:19Z at 2013-06-03T11:58:19Z by BillTidy
  • Dragos.Cojocari
    Dragos.Cojocari
    1649 Posts

‏2013-06-04T07:47:11Z  
    • BillTidy
    • ‏2013-06-03T11:57:17Z

I think you're asking or confusing 2 different things.

RPE loops for every object in your module that is visible in your current (saved) view - which can include a filter. So, it prints your table wherever it finds it in your module according to any data condition you placed on that table, either indirectly through the view you are exporting from or directly in your RPE template (eg Object Number >= 1.1 as a data condition).

It sounds like you want to only export a section of your module - the easiest way to do that is to create views with filtering set to the sections you want to export and then run your RPE publish using the appropriate view. You could do something smart in the RPE template itself with scripting to determine a section at runtime but I would avoid that as exporting from views is more visible and easier to understand for most people.

The solution I recommend is using RPE native filters. This is equivalent to defining a DOORS view with the added advantage that you do not need to modify the DOORS module. The RPE native filters for DOORS are defined using the filter code you would otherwise put in DOORS and RPE uses that at runtime to filter the data on the DOORS side.

See this for details:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rpehelp/v1r1m1/topic/com.ibm.rational.pe.publishing.doc/topics/t_native_filter.html

http://gebsreporting.com/blog/define-doors-native-filters-in-rpe/