• 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2016-06-27T05:52:47Z by Manish_Shihani
dbaniaga
dbaniaga
1 Post

Pinned topic Missing Marketing Operations Settings

‏2016-03-07T03:44:22Z | imo marketing operations settings

Hi All,

Has anyone from here experienced missing MO settings after synchronizing the menus? 

The things I configured was adding a Marketing Object before synchronizing it. If anyone experienced this one and have a resolution already, maybe you can share it. 

Thanks!

• Katie Krushinskie
    Katie Krushinskie
    2 Posts

Re: Missing Marketing Operations Settings

‏2016-03-14T21:40:08Z  

Hi Dbaniaga,

Adding a marketing object is a manual process in all versions of MO.  The process requires editing xml files found in the MO home directory.  Please see Chapter 3 Marketing Object Types for instructions on creating marketing objects.  If you are still having trouble please share your action steps.  The creation of Marketing Objects requires that you have permission to edit files on the application server.  I recommend that you copy the file and edit the copy this will give you the ability to use the original file if you make a mistake.

Good Luck!

• author
    author
    3 Posts

‏2016-04-01T11:03:08Z  

Hi,

I did the upgrade of MO from 9110 to 9120. After that I have done the synchronization of Menu and users.

When I do a restart of Websphere, Marketing operations setting disappeared.

Can any one help me please.

• Manish_Shihani
    Manish_Shihani
    2 Posts

‏2016-06-21T04:51:57Z  
    • author
    • ‏2016-04-01T11:03:08Z

Hi,

I did the upgrade of MO from 9110 to 9120. After that I have done the synchronization of Menu and users.

When I do a restart of Websphere, Marketing operations setting disappeared.

Can any one help me please.

Looks like some issue with synchronization of Menu.

In that case, we need to register the Plan Setting manually, Similar to one when we used to install IMO.

From IBM Marketing Operations: Installation Guide - Chapter 4 

Step: Register Marketing Operations manually, if necessary

Exactly this step.  ( Navigation DIR used to be Opertations Installation Directory.  Like in my case ("C:\Unica\MarketingOperations\) 

configTool.bat -v -i -p "Affinium|suite|uiNavigation|settingsMenu" -f
    "%NAVIGATION_DIR%\plan_navigation_settings.xml"

Once done, restart might help to restore the Marketing Operations settings.

I usually take the back up of USM_CONFIGURATION and USM_CONFIGURATION_VALUES table's from platform schema to be in safe side.

• author
    author
    3 Posts

‏2016-06-21T15:09:42Z  

Thank you @Manish_Sahani​. I had re-installed Marketing Operations and that solved issue. If I face this issue in future I will try what you have mentioned.

• author
    author
    3 Posts

‏2016-06-22T13:55:29Z  

Now what I see is weird.

Admin user is not able to see 'Operations' , 'Marketing Operations Settings' menus . All the other users are able to see these.

But form the 'Recent'  menu admin user is able to access the required pages.

I registering marketing operations manually , it didn't help me to solve the problem.

Could anyone suggest me on this.

• Manish_Shihani
    Manish_Shihani
    2 Posts

‏2016-06-27T05:52:47Z  
    • author
    • ‏2016-06-22T13:55:29Z

Now what I see is weird.

Admin user is not able to see 'Operations' , 'Marketing Operations Settings' menus . All the other users are able to see these.

But form the 'Recent'  menu admin user is able to access the required pages.

I registering marketing operations manually , it didn't help me to solve the problem.

Could anyone suggest me on this.

Hi author,

Can you please check if asm_admin has plan/user OR plan_admin privileges in users permissions or not.  May be that role has been removed