IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-04-01T21:53:41Z by rkersh
hkh
hkh
5 Posts

Pinned topic can't install logic net

‏2014-03-29T13:31:04Z |

Hi,

I have a problem. I can't install logic net because installation database connectivity package is failed. 

How to resolve this problem?

Thank you.

• rkersh
    rkersh
    52 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: can't install logic net

‏2014-04-01T21:53:41Z  
    • hkh
    • ‏2014-04-01T01:59:07Z

Ok. I'll try installing .NET Framework.

Thank you for your answer.

Regards,

It's probably a long shot, but this might also be the reason.

• rkersh
    rkersh
    52 Posts

‏2014-03-31T15:47:24Z  

If you don't have it already, you might try installing the .NET Framework first.  You'll want the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.  And, make sure you have all of the Microsoft Updates installed afterwards.  Then, try the installer again.

EDIT: Oops.  :-(  Of course, you wont' have access the SupportAssistant (mentioned below) because you can't install.  It may be possible to get this tool through support before having the product installed, though.  The point is to gather information such as your operating system version, information that is contained in the event log, etc.  What version of Windows do you have?  Is it a 32-bit or 64-bit system?  Do you have the latest service packs installed?  Do you see any errors in the Event Log?

If that doesn't help, you can try attaching the output of the SupportAssistant tool (or email it to me at rkersh at us dot ibm dot com).  In the installation directory, you should find a SupportAssistant.exe file.  Double click on it and after running for a few seconds, it should create a zip file named "xxxxx.bbb.ccc.zip" on your desktop.  Are there any screenshots you can attach?

Regards,

Ryan

• hkh
    hkh
    5 Posts

‏2014-04-01T01:59:07Z  
    • rkersh
    • ‏2014-03-31T15:47:24Z

If you don't have it already, you might try installing the .NET Framework first.  You'll want the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.  And, make sure you have all of the Microsoft Updates installed afterwards.  Then, try the installer again.

EDIT: Oops.  :-(  Of course, you wont' have access the SupportAssistant (mentioned below) because you can't install.  It may be possible to get this tool through support before having the product installed, though.  The point is to gather information such as your operating system version, information that is contained in the event log, etc.  What version of Windows do you have?  Is it a 32-bit or 64-bit system?  Do you have the latest service packs installed?  Do you see any errors in the Event Log?

If that doesn't help, you can try attaching the output of the SupportAssistant tool (or email it to me at rkersh at us dot ibm dot com).  In the installation directory, you should find a SupportAssistant.exe file.  Double click on it and after running for a few seconds, it should create a zip file named "xxxxx.bbb.ccc.zip" on your desktop.  Are there any screenshots you can attach?

Regards,

Ryan

Regards,

• rkersh
    rkersh
    52 Posts

‏2014-04-01T21:53:41Z  
    • hkh
    • ‏2014-04-01T01:59:07Z

Regards,

It's probably a long shot, but this might also be the reason.