Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-03-24T15:59:06Z by M_vdLaan
KBSri
KBSri
104 Posts

Pinned topic Fetching the value from the excel sheet and serching for the instances in the DOORS modules and updating in the another sheet of the EXCEL

‏2014-03-21T11:25:45Z |

Hello All,

There is unique requirement where I need to search for the particular value in the EXCEL sheet(Eg. FeatureID) search for the particular number in the DOORS modules(Folder) and updates it back to the next sheet of the same EXCEL.

Eg: FeatureID value should be searched in the all the folder modules and update in the next sheet with the various corresponding attribute values of the particular FeatureID.

In the EXCEL, there are different FeatureID values in the Sheet- "Feature List" and need to be updated in the next sheet "Feature Statistics".

System Level

Subsystem Level Component Level Sum -- sbm info rej agd Req Status -- asg rej impl Impl Status passed not passed -- Test Status Requirements Linkage Test Linkage Link Status Overall Status

These are corresponding attribute values of the particular Feature ID.

Attached is the EXCEL template and sample coding funcationality

Please help me how to fetch the value from one excel sheet value and  searching and fetching the corresponding the attribute values and exporting it back to the same EXCEL in the next sheet.??

I need help badly!!

Attachments

Updated on 2014-03-24T10:03:30Z at 2014-03-24T10:03:30Z by KBSri
  • KBSri
    KBSri
    104 Posts

Re: Fetching the value from the excel sheet and serching for the instances in the DOORS modules and updating in the another sheet of the EXCEL

‏2014-03-24T05:04:09Z  

Can anyone please help me on this?

• M_vdLaan
    M_vdLaan
    27 Posts

Re: Fetching the value from the excel sheet and serching for the instances in the DOORS modules and updating in the another sheet of the EXCEL

‏2014-03-24T15:59:06Z  

Hi KBSri,

What part are you having trouble with? You need to split the task into smaller subtasks and handle them separate. Along the lines of:

• Read information from Excel
    • Collect the metrics
    • Write the metrics back to Excel

This will also help to clarify what is expected at each step as this is quite difficult to understand from your post, currently. Can you simplify the task, perhaps? For example, collect all these metrics in a DOORS module instead of an Excel workbook? 

Such a metric collection system is complex and you can expect to spend a few days on it. You may be overasking the forum, here. Unless someone has a solution that they're willing/able to share.

Good luck!

Marcel