Topic
  • 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-07-03T22:13:17Z by LucianaBontempo
BigMic
BigMic
4 Posts

Pinned topic Data Collection has encountered a problem

‏2013-05-22T05:10:27Z |

I got an error when I run the migration analyzer. The pop-up states that an internal error occurred during "Data Collection", String index out of range: -1

The log has been attached

RAD 8.5.1

Migration Tool 3.5.1

Anyone has any idea? I much appreciate your help.

Regards,

Mic

Attachments

Updated on 2013-05-22T05:34:28Z at 2013-05-22T05:34:28Z by BigMic
  • c.high
    c.high
    30 Posts

Re: Data Collection has encountered a problem

‏2013-05-22T20:52:56Z  

Hi Mic,

I have a few questions on your setup. 

How did you import the application? Is the file in the workspace or is it linked?  Based on the location of the failure, it seemed you were using linked files but we could not reproduce the same error using linked files.  Is there anything unique about the workspace and the files?

Which tool are you using, Version to version, WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat, Oracle AS? Or do you have more than one installed?

What operating system are you using?

Thanks for the info.

Cindy

• BigMic
    BigMic
    4 Posts

‏2013-05-23T02:52:41Z  
    • c.high
    • ‏2013-05-22T20:52:56Z

Hi Mic,

How did you import the application? Is the file in the workspace or is it linked?  Based on the location of the failure, it seemed you were using linked files but we could not reproduce the same error using linked files.  Is there anything unique about the workspace and the files?

Which tool are you using, Version to version, WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat, Oracle AS? Or do you have more than one installed?

Thanks for the info.

Cindy

Hi Cindy,

Thanks a lot for you quick reply.

It is not me to import the applications but I know the project with source code is in a SVN repository so I think someone did import the whole thing as project into the workspace. If necessary, I can do it again. Please provide me some instructions or hints if any.

I am using Version to Version, which is from WAS 6.1 to WAS 8.5. OS is Window XP version 2002 SP3.

Thank you very much for your time and help!

Mic

• BigMic
    BigMic
    4 Posts

‏2013-05-23T02:53:16Z  
    • c.high

Hi Mic,

Thanks for the info.

Cindy

Hi Cindy,

It is not me to import the applications but I know the project with source code is in a SVN repository so I think someone did import the whole thing as project into the workspace. If necessary, I can do it again. Please provide me some instructions or hints if any.

I am using Version to Version, which is from WAS 6.1 to WAS 8.5. OS is Window XP version 2002 SP3.

Mic

• BigMic
    BigMic
    4 Posts

‏2013-05-23T02:54:25Z  
    • c.high

Hi Mic,

Thanks for the info.

Cindy

Hi Cindy,

Mic

• c.high
    c.high
    30 Posts

‏2013-05-23T22:17:38Z  
    • BigMic
    • ‏2013-05-23T02:54:25Z

Hi Cindy,

Mic

I suspect that the files are linked to a copy on disk so that they can be replicated with the SVN repository.  Are there any options to copy the files into Eclipse when you import from SVN? 

Another approach is to File > Import > Java EE > EAR file or File > Import > Web > War File. This will create the Java project structure. You can then import the source files into each project if they are not already in the archive file.

Cindy

• c.high
    c.high
    30 Posts

‏2013-06-24T16:46:28Z  
    • c.high
    • ‏2013-05-23T22:17:38Z

I suspect that the files are linked to a copy on disk so that they can be replicated with the SVN repository.  Are there any options to copy the files into Eclipse when you import from SVN? 

Another approach is to File > Import > Java EE > EAR file or File > Import > Web > War File. This will create the Java project structure. You can then import the source files into each project if they are not already in the archive file.

Cindy

Hi Mic,

We found and fixed this problem related to linked files.  I will attach the patch if you want to try it.  You must install our latest 3.5.2 tool that is available on developerWorks to be able to install this patch.

To install:

Install 3.5.2

Download the attached zip file.

Help > Install new software

Select Add... and point to the downloaded zip.

Clear the "Group items by category" check box.

Select Rational Software Analyzer Java Code Review v7.1.1 and install.

Attachments

• LucianaBontempo
    LucianaBontempo
    1 Post

‏2013-07-03T22:13:17Z  
    • c.high
    • ‏2013-06-24T16:46:28Z

Hi Mic,

We found and fixed this problem related to linked files.  I will attach the patch if you want to try it.  You must install our latest 3.5.2 tool that is available on developerWorks to be able to install this patch.

To install:

Install 3.5.2

Download the attached zip file.

Help > Install new software

Select Add... and point to the downloaded zip.

Clear the "Group items by category" check box.

Select Rational Software Analyzer Java Code Review v7.1.1 and install.

C.High, thank you very much!

This patch worked for me. I had the same problem.