• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-01-23T18:54:02Z by PangSMS
PangSMS
PangSMS
24 Posts

Pinned topic macro trigger response issue

‏2014-01-21T16:02:09Z |

Dear.

why when i run macro as automatic, response time is faster than run as macro button?

Example.

i build macro for skip 4 unnecessary screen.

if i trigger macro, by play macro action on screen event. it's very fast.

if i trigger macro, by using macro key button on screen transformation. it's got some delay before macro run.

is it normal????

• tmparker
    tmparker
    534 Posts

Re: macro trigger response issue

‏2014-01-22T07:19:28Z  

Hi Pang,

Yes, this would be completely normal. When you run a macro through the screen event it is executed during the normal processing of a screen so there would be no delay when the macro starts since the session is ready at that moment. However, when you run it from a macro button the current transformation is first submitted back to the HATS server for processing and the macro run event is queued up. Once the fields from the transformation are processed control is then passed back to the HATS runtime engine where it will then continue processing any further events. This is when the macro engine will kick in and execute the macro. Going through this whole process will result in a small delay but it should not be more than a second I would think.

Thanks
    Tim

• PangSMS
    PangSMS
    24 Posts

Re: macro trigger response issue

‏2014-01-23T18:54:02Z  
    • tmparker
    • ‏2014-01-22T07:19:28Z

Hi Pang,

Yes, this would be completely normal. When you run a macro through the screen event it is executed during the normal processing of a screen so there would be no delay when the macro starts since the session is ready at that moment. However, when you run it from a macro button the current transformation is first submitted back to the HATS server for processing and the macro run event is queued up. Once the fields from the transformation are processed control is then passed back to the HATS runtime engine where it will then continue processing any further events. This is when the macro engine will kick in and execute the macro. Going through this whole process will result in a small delay but it should not be more than a second I would think.

Thanks
    Tim

Yes, it's just a sec. just curious about it. 

Thank you tim.