• Latest Post - ‏2017-11-27T15:59:00Z by NigelRoberts
NigelRoberts
NigelRoberts
4 Posts

Pinned topic DOORS Administrator log on vs. System User Names

‏2017-11-17T11:47:45Z | names;administrator system user

Morning All,

I have made a bit of an error it seems.

Disconnected from LDAP this morning and was presented with a blank user / group list. I enabled system user names, and then set up one account as standard user using my own credentials.

I now cannot log on as administrator as of course my windows log on is associated with my single standard user in the database.

I've tried using the -u and -p switches on a shortcut but this does not work and now the admin account appears to be locked out.

On the verge of calling IBM support...

Any thoughts???

N

Updated on 2017-11-17T11:49:05Z at 2017-11-17T11:49:05Z by NigelRoberts
  • Mike.Scharnow
    Mike.Scharnow
    22 Posts

Re: DOORS Administrator log on vs. System User Names

‏2017-11-17T13:40:48Z  

there is this thread: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=77c7ba66-5e05-4c0a-89a7-2eb8d3e77ac9 

i'm not sure if this helps... perhaps the system user name that Administrator is associated with can be changed directly by modifying database files. IBM Support might be able to help you.

• NigelRoberts
    NigelRoberts
    4 Posts

Re: DOORS Administrator log on vs. System User Names

‏2017-11-27T15:59:00Z  

there is this thread: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=77c7ba66-5e05-4c0a-89a7-2eb8d3e77ac9 

i'm not sure if this helps... perhaps the system user name that Administrator is associated with can be changed directly by modifying database files. IBM Support might be able to help you.

Thank you Mike but unfortunately this didn't help. On the plus side, I have managed to fix the problem without resorting to IBM and to help others, I will document the (rather easy) fix here.

Firstly though, it's worth pointing out that I got into this position because I liked the idea of my Users not having to type in their user names so I enabled "Use System Names". I have since realised that this is not necessary as DOORS will populate the User Name if there is an associated entry in the DOORS user field that tallies with the current Windows LogOn User. It seems that ticking the system name box enforces a client log on that MUST tally with the Windows current user, whereas merely populating this field for users without checking the box means that DOORS will populate the User Name field at client log on however you have the chance to log on as a different user. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than I will explain why this difference could be important.

On to the fix. Create a Windows account named Administrator. Log on to this account and fire up DOORS. Problem over...:)

N

Updated on 2017-11-27T16:00:36Z at 2017-11-27T16:00:36Z by NigelRoberts