Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-06-12T10:29:01Z by SteveBolton
B1C4_Marco_Valenzuela
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Download of CICS Explorer JWS fails

‏2013-05-23T20:48:10Z |

We are  using CICS Explorer JAVA WEB Start  and there is one  of user that is  getting errors when tries  to download it.

The environment is Windows  XP and is using  JAVA 1.6, and it's for CICS Esploer V5.1.

I'm attaching a file with errors.

Maybe you can give me an idea what is causing the the download ti fail

Marco

Attachments

• SteveBolton
    SteveBolton
    18 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Download of CICS Explorer JWS fails

‏2013-06-12T10:29:01Z  in response to B1C4_Marco_Valenzuela

Hi Marco

The important error line appears to be "Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream".  It may be that the jar file is corrupted - can you open it with an archive utility?

Is this for only one user or for any user? If it happens for all users then there is a problem with the preparation of the jar file, otherwise I would look at what differs in the individual user's environment from someone who can use it.  Web started Java programs run under the default jre on the machine. 

Your user has Java 1.6 but the requirements for CICS Explorer 5.1 is Java 1.7 as detailed at 
    http://www-03.ibm.com/software/products/us/en/cics-explorer on the system requirements tab.

We don't support web start itself.  My last comment on the developerworks article has some links where you might find information to help you solve the problem.

Let us know how you get on, thank you.

Steve