• 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2017-11-17T17:40:04Z by AK88
TRI_Harder
TRI_Harder
98 Posts

Pinned topic Migrating record data between environments

‏2017-11-08T20:13:26Z |

Hi all,

So I just learned that I can't use Object Migration tool to migrate record data between two Tririga Environments.  For example, I have two Tririga environments on different servers on the same application and platform version.  If try to use OM to only migrate the Record Data for instance the 'Building Equipment' records.  Not all the associated records will get migrated and certain Smart Sections do not get properly migrated also.

What are some other options that I could use to quickly migrate this data?

I was thinking Data Integrator method but that would be tedious because I have over 100,000 records.

• AK88
    AK88
    105 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Migrating record data between environments

‏2017-11-17T17:40:04Z  

Ideally, DI should be used for the initial load. If the data is available somewhere else, you can look into Integration Object or DataConnect. You can populate staging tables and then run the integration. In your workflow, you can have logic to create any depedent records (such as organizations or contacts) based on the staging table data.

• AK88
    AK88
    105 Posts

Re: Migrating record data between environments

‏2017-11-17T17:40:04Z  

Ideally, DI should be used for the initial load. If the data is available somewhere else, you can look into Integration Object or DataConnect. You can populate staging tables and then run the integration. In your workflow, you can have logic to create any depedent records (such as organizations or contacts) based on the staging table data.