Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2017-04-20T21:12:17Z by Casey Cantwell
TRI_Harder
TRI_Harder
98 Posts

Pinned topic Classification Hierarchy - Tree control reported an error

‏2017-04-19T23:33:27Z |

So this is just a frustration that have to note and what are people's steps to deal with this scenario:

I'm loading data via the Data Integrator into an Classifications business object.  In the first load, my data is successfully loaded.  However, I notice some data mapping issues.  So I Delete the records from a Query.  Then I Clear Cache.  And go for a second load, my data is successfully loaded.  I go into the Classifications Hierarchy form and get the dreaded:

"Please contact your system administrator. The tree control reported this error while trying to draw itself: There was an error in the database or the query definition."

When this happens, I tell myself that I have deleted the records too quickly and not allowed the system to reset in time.  The solution, is the dreaded wait time of the clean up agent to process records that are either 12 hours, 1 day, 3 days, or sometimes 1 week before all records with a trirecordstate is null to be removed from the DB by the clean up agent.  

The only workaround it seems to be increase the clean up agent time.

However, is there a sequence of steps I need to follow before I delete records from a Hierarchy form so that I don't get the dreaded:

"Please contact your system administrator. The tree control reported this error while trying to draw itself: There was an error in the database or the query definition." each time?

It just seems odd that a system like TRIRIGA has this type of issue.

What's your thoughts?  Should I submit a RFE to have a better solution to not have this error appearing each time I load data into Hierarchy forms?  How did you get around this?

Thanks in advance!  

• Casey Cantwell
    Casey Cantwell
    177 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Classification Hierarchy - Tree control reported an error

‏2017-04-20T21:12:17Z  

Hello,

Regarding your scenario of loading hierarchy records, deleting them, than reloading the same records causing the tree control to fail, that should  be considered a platform defect.  I would advise you to enter a PMR so support can look into this issue.  The tree control should never fail to render as you describe it.

To help with your issue, there is a unsupported platform feature that allows the cleanup agent to delete data immediately.  If you add the property below to your TRIRIGAWEB.properties file and set CLEANUP_AGENT_RECORD_DATA_AGE=2, the cleanup agent when ran will delete records that are 2 minutes old.  This allows you to immediately delete a bad data load, and allows you to run it  cleanly run again a second time without conflicts with that data already existing in a null state.

Hope this helps.

# Clean UP Agent - Clean up in minutes.

CLEANUP_AGENT_RECORD_DATA_AGE=2 

• Casey Cantwell
    Casey Cantwell
    177 Posts

Re: Classification Hierarchy - Tree control reported an error

‏2017-04-20T21:12:17Z  

Hello,

Regarding your scenario of loading hierarchy records, deleting them, than reloading the same records causing the tree control to fail, that should  be considered a platform defect.  I would advise you to enter a PMR so support can look into this issue.  The tree control should never fail to render as you describe it.

To help with your issue, there is a unsupported platform feature that allows the cleanup agent to delete data immediately.  If you add the property below to your TRIRIGAWEB.properties file and set CLEANUP_AGENT_RECORD_DATA_AGE=2, the cleanup agent when ran will delete records that are 2 minutes old.  This allows you to immediately delete a bad data load, and allows you to run it  cleanly run again a second time without conflicts with that data already existing in a null state.

Hope this helps.

# Clean UP Agent - Clean up in minutes.

CLEANUP_AGENT_RECORD_DATA_AGE=2