• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-03-13T10:34:45Z by VolkerFriedrich
yi03927
yi03927
3 Posts

Pinned topic Windows File Agent transfers same file multiple

‏2014-03-11T09:34:52Z |

We encountered the following reproducible problem:

1. A file in folder A is transferred correctly by File Agent and not deleted.

2. The server on which folder A resides is rebooted.

3. Exactly at that time File Agent tried to scan folder A and gets the messages:

Write access to "folder A" denied!

Read access to "folder A" denied!

Check to make sure that the directory "folder A" exists and can be accessed by the userid "userid".

4. At the next scan, while the server is up again and folder A can be accessed, File Agent transferred the file from step 1 again !

It seems, that the checkpoint file is resetted for this folder A and the contained files are treated as new. In my opinion this is a bug.

How can we avoid this behaviour without deleting the files after transfer ? Will this be changed in the next version ?

• VolkerFriedrich
    VolkerFriedrich
    156 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Windows File Agent transfers same file multiple

‏2014-03-13T10:34:45Z  
    • yi03927
    • ‏2014-03-12T13:12:03Z

Yes, we are monitoring a lot of network shares. Unfortunately we will not get the permission to install software on these file servers. The only way is to use the UNC notation. Why does it not work with UNC notation ? Will it work in future versions of File Agent or are there  technical restrictions ?

I found an article mentioning a fix, but it is for an old version:
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21553476

You might want to consider opening a ticket with IBM support.

• VolkerFriedrich
    VolkerFriedrich
    156 Posts

‏2014-03-12T11:08:23Z  

Are you monitoring a network share? i.e. is folder A on a different server than the one where File Agent is running?

A solution might be to install (another) File Agent on the server hosting folder A.

• yi03927
    yi03927
    3 Posts

‏2014-03-12T13:12:03Z  

Are you monitoring a network share? i.e. is folder A on a different server than the one where File Agent is running?

A solution might be to install (another) File Agent on the server hosting folder A.

Yes, we are monitoring a lot of network shares. Unfortunately we will not get the permission to install software on these file servers. The only way is to use the UNC notation. Why does it not work with UNC notation ? Will it work in future versions of File Agent or are there  technical restrictions ?

• VolkerFriedrich
    VolkerFriedrich
    156 Posts

‏2014-03-13T10:34:45Z  
    • yi03927
    • ‏2014-03-12T13:12:03Z

I found an article mentioning a fix, but it is for an old version:
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21553476

You might want to consider opening a ticket with IBM support.