• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-08-18T06:57:08Z by KennyMcG
KennyMcG
KennyMcG
2 Posts

Pinned topic Partition & Rejoin - addAwayModule, addAwayLinkModule

‏2014-08-13T00:41:04Z |

Hi,

In the dxl help, using the addAwayModule, addAwayLinkModule (Partition and Rejoin) functions to add modules to an imported partition, indicates that the modules are marked as being partitioned in and when finally returned the modules are returned with the other partitioned-in data.

Has anybody successfully used these functions and if so:

1. Should the modules appear as if they have been manually added under Project Properties -> Imported Partitions -> Add Data?
2. Should they be returned when a synchronisation has been performed rather than a full return?

Regards

Kenny

• Mathias Mamsch
    Mathias Mamsch
    2154 Posts

Re: Partition & Rejoin - addAwayModule, addAwayLinkModule

‏2014-08-14T08:01:01Z  

So I am pretty sure someone already has used these functions successfully, in fact the functions are used in the DOORS client, so something is supposed to work.

I don't understand question 1 ... Should module appear where?

I am also not sure on question 2 ... If you perform a synchronization that modules can be sent to your exchange partner (i.e. return them) but they will not list in the database to be returned ...

Can you maybe state your problem a little more clearly? Regards, Mathias

• KennyMcG
    KennyMcG
    2 Posts

Re: Partition & Rejoin - addAwayModule, addAwayLinkModule

‏2014-08-18T06:57:08Z  

So I am pretty sure someone already has used these functions successfully, in fact the functions are used in the DOORS client, so something is supposed to work.

I don't understand question 1 ... Should module appear where?

I am also not sure on question 2 ... If you perform a synchronization that modules can be sent to your exchange partner (i.e. return them) but they will not list in the database to be returned ...

Can you maybe state your problem a little more clearly? Regards, Mathias

Hi Mathias,

I have an imported partition containing some modules (E.g. A and  B).

Before returning a sync file (or a full return file) to the home database, DOORS allows additional modules (E.g. C)  to be added  to the partition in the away database before returning the sync file to the home database.

I have been trying to add modules (E.g. C) to the imported partition in the away database via dxl, using the above mentioned functions.

Below is an extract for these functions from the DXL help:

"This marks the module as being partitioned in. When the partition is finally returned, the module is returned with the other partitioned-in data."

I'm not sure, but it sounds like the functions may only work for a full return rather than a synchronise.  Anyway, I can't get the functions to work on my attempts so far for a sync or full return.

Going back to the original questions:

1) I expected after executing these functions in the away database that the modules (E.g. C) would appear as part of the partition in the away database just as if I had added them manually using Add Data.

2) I expected after executing these functions in the away database that the modules (E.g. C) would be returned with the other modules (E.g. A and B) with a synchronisation and a full return.

Thanks

Kenny

Updated on 2014-08-18T06:57:26Z at 2014-08-18T06:57:26Z by KennyMcG