• 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-08-12T18:32:18Z by S0EV_Aamir_Hirani
S0EV_Aamir_Hirani
S0EV_Aamir_Hirani
4 Posts

Pinned topic RRS Initialization Fails

‏2014-08-01T10:41:08Z |

Hi,

We're trying to bring up WAS on our RD&Te 9.0 box and in doing so subsystem RRS goes down and this is what comes up on the console.

04.23.51           ATR221I RRS IS JOINING RRS GROUP ADCDPL ON SYSTEM S0W1
04.23.54           IXG063I LOGGER ABENDED AND REQUESTED AN SVC DUMP WHILE
 PROCESSING                                                              
LOGSTREAM: ATR.ADCDPL.RM.DATA                                            
STRUCTURE: **UNKNOWN**                                                   
GROUP: PRODUCTION                                                        
MODULE=IXGA1MM ,ABEND=S00C4,REASON=00000011                              
04.23.54           IXG269I SYSTEM LOGGER ENCOUNTERED A DATA ERROR WHILE  
 READING DSN= IXGLOGR.ATR.ADCDPL.RM.DATA.A0000000                        
04.23.54           ATR203I RRS COULD NOT READ FROM THE RM DATA LOG.      
04.23.54           ATR138I ATTEMPT TO BRING UP RRS FAILED, DIAG =00000008
04.23.55           ASA2013I RRS INITIALIZATION FAILED. COMPONENT ID=SCRRS
04.23.55           IEF404I RRS - ENDED - TIME=04.23.55                   
04.23.55           IEF352I ADDRESS SPACE UNAVAILABLE                     
04.23.55           ASA2960I RRS SUBSYSTEM FUNCTIONS DISABLED. COMPONENT  
 ID=SCRRS

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

• RDzJohn
    RDzJohn
    273 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: RRS Initialization Fails

‏2014-08-01T18:24:52Z  

Hi John,

Before I go about deleting and re-creating the RRS logstreams what options, parameters, products etc should  I be taking into consideration? Or I can simply go ahead without worrying about other products that make use of RRS? I'm not sure on the impact it will have once I go about deleting and re-creating.

Thanks.

RRS uses a set of logstreams for its own use.  These are the ones that will need to be deleted and recreated.  Users of RRS use a separate set of apis for access that are independent of the RRS logstreams.

RDzJohn

• RDzJohn
    RDzJohn
    273 Posts

‏2014-08-01T15:31:21Z  

This looks like a problem with the RRS logstreams.  Try deleting and re-creating them.  Then restart RRS.

RDzJohn

• S0EV_Aamir_Hirani
    S0EV_Aamir_Hirani
    4 Posts

‏2014-08-01T17:15:30Z  
    • RDzJohn
    • ‏2014-08-01T15:31:21Z

This looks like a problem with the RRS logstreams.  Try deleting and re-creating them.  Then restart RRS.

RDzJohn

Hi John,

Before I go about deleting and re-creating the RRS logstreams what options, parameters, products etc should  I be taking into consideration? Or I can simply go ahead without worrying about other products that make use of RRS? I'm not sure on the impact it will have once I go about deleting and re-creating.

Thanks.

Updated on 2014-08-01T17:17:00Z at 2014-08-01T17:17:00Z by S0EV_Aamir_Hirani
  • RDzJohn
    RDzJohn
    273 Posts

‏2014-08-01T18:24:52Z  

Hi John,

Thanks.

RRS uses a set of logstreams for its own use.  These are the ones that will need to be deleted and recreated.  Users of RRS use a separate set of apis for access that are independent of the RRS logstreams.

RDzJohn

• RDzJohn
    RDzJohn
    273 Posts

‏2014-08-01T19:56:35Z  

Hi John,

Thanks.

There is a JCL job in ADCD.LIB.JCL called RRSADCD.  This job will delete then define all 5 log stream datasets used by RRS.  After you get a RC=0 from this job, restart RRS with S RRS,SUB=MSTR.   This should clear up any RRS issues. 

Note these logstream issues usually crop up after a disorderly shutdown.  Moral of the story is always do an orderly shutdown: 

• Issue S SHUT00.
    • Wait for OMVS term message.
    • Issue $P JES2. 
    • Wait for JES term message.
    • Issue QUIESCE.

RDzJohn

• S0EV_Aamir_Hirani
    S0EV_Aamir_Hirani
    4 Posts

‏2014-08-12T18:32:18Z  
    • RDzJohn
    • ‏2014-08-01T19:56:35Z

There is a JCL job in ADCD.LIB.JCL called RRSADCD.  This job will delete then define all 5 log stream datasets used by RRS.  After you get a RC=0 from this job, restart RRS with S RRS,SUB=MSTR.   This should clear up any RRS issues. 

Note these logstream issues usually crop up after a disorderly shutdown.  Moral of the story is always do an orderly shutdown: 

• Issue S SHUT00.
    • Wait for OMVS term message.
    • Issue $P JES2. 
    • Wait for JES term message.
    • Issue QUIESCE.

RDzJohn

Hi John,

Sorry for the (very) late reply. Re-creating the log stream fixed the problem.

Thanks.