Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-11-27T06:27:36Z by shirleyj
shirleyj
shirleyj
6 Posts

Pinned topic Issue in generating DOORS Table that is contained within a view that is generated to a document using RPE 1.1.2

‏2013-11-20T13:22:26Z |

Hi ,

I have a DOORS Module view that contains a DOORS table cells.

I have set RPE template that will support generation of DOORS view as a table in a Word Output.

Unfortunately once the document is generated, all objects from the view that were part of the  DOORS table are shown as a blank cell in the table within the Output document.
I also tried printing simple text from the DOORS view, but again, all objects that were part of the DOORS table appear as blank rows.

I'm not sure how to force rpe to also print DOORS tables that are shown in the view.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Shirley

• Dragos.Cojocari
    Dragos.Cojocari
    1623 Posts

Re: Issue in generating DOORS Table that is contained within a view that is generated to a document using RPE 1.1.2

‏2013-11-20T14:21:08Z  

You should check the doorsData.dta example shipped with RPE as it shows how to use DOORS tables. Assuming a default installation of RPE you will find it it

C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Rational\Publishing Engine\source\DOORS\examples

Regards,

Dragos

• shirleyj
    shirleyj
    6 Posts

Re: Issue in generating DOORS Table that is contained within a view that is generated to a document using RPE 1.1.2

‏2013-11-25T08:04:37Z  

You should check the doorsData.dta example shipped with RPE as it shows how to use DOORS tables. Assuming a default installation of RPE you will find it it

C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Rational\Publishing Engine\source\DOORS\examples

Regards,

Dragos

Hi Dragos,

Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately, the DoorsData.dta, does not contain a section that deals with Generating a DOORS table from within a View Generation

Updated on 2013-11-27T06:24:39Z at 2013-11-27T06:24:39Z by shirleyj
  • Dragos.Cojocari
    Dragos.Cojocari
    1623 Posts

‏2013-11-26T11:50:28Z  
    • shirleyj
    • ‏2013-11-25T08:04:37Z

Hi Dragos,

Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately, the DoorsData.dta, does not contain a section that deals with Generating a DOORS table from within a View Generation

Hi Shirley,

the exact same technique applies for view based docgen especially since in both cases module/object is the main query. The only difference is that for view based you use the "module/object/column" query to get the properties to display.

Regards,

Dragos

• Abish
    Abish
    3 Posts

‏2013-11-26T13:04:56Z  

Hi Shirley

If you are talking about the "DOORS View.dta", that is shipped with RPE, then It extracts the contents of the columns of a DOORS module view using the query 'Module/Object/Column/Column Text'.

However DOORS tables are not exposed as a part of 'Column Text' attribute. You need to use the query 'Module/Object/Column/Table' query to extract information on the DOORS tables.

I have modified and attached the "DOORS View.dta" template to cater to your requirement. Let me know if this helps.

Best Regards
    Abish M Zachariah

Updated on 2013-11-26T13:29:54Z at 2013-11-26T13:29:54Z by Abish
  • shirleyj
    shirleyj
    6 Posts

‏2013-11-27T06:27:36Z  
    • Abish
    • ‏2013-11-26T13:04:56Z

Hi Shirley

If you are talking about the "DOORS View.dta", that is shipped with RPE, then It extracts the contents of the columns of a DOORS module view using the query 'Module/Object/Column/Column Text'.

However DOORS tables are not exposed as a part of 'Column Text' attribute. You need to use the query 'Module/Object/Column/Table' query to extract information on the DOORS tables.

I have modified and attached the "DOORS View.dta" template to cater to your requirement. Let me know if this helps.

Best Regards
    Abish M Zachariah

HI,

Dragos, thanks for quick replies :)

Abish I'll try to test your suggestion and see how it goes with the DOORS table.

Thanks.

Shirley