• 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-07-18T12:44:16Z by Sunil George
1 Post

Pinned topic LDAP user registry Authentication Debug

‏2013-07-09T14:26:10Z |

Hi all,

I'm having issues with trying to connect an LDAP user registry server using liberty profile 8.5.5. I'm trying to authenticate using FORM and have a basic login page setup to test this. This is the error I get every time I input a valid username and password.

[AUDIT   ] CWWKS1100A: Authentication did not succeed for user ID ts2user2. An invalid user ID or password was specified.

This is what I have tried so far to debug this issue.

-I have looked at

-I have used a colleague's LDAP configuration in the server.xml, but she was using a different version of liberty (

-I have created a basic user registry and that works perfectly.

I'm wondering if there's a way to debug in liberty profile besides looking at the trace and logs as those aren't that helpful. I want to step through and see if it's even establishing a connection with the LDAP server and if so what it's trying to do. Any tips on how to go about in doing this would be greatly appreciated!

• Sunil George
    Sunil George
    3 Posts

Re: LDAP user registry Authentication Debug

Can you paste the <ldapRegistry/> snippet from the server.xml and upload the trace file.

In the trace.log, you should see something like   

"createContextPool Active Provider URL: ldap://

createContextPool ContextPool: total=1, poolSize=1"    when the LDAP connection is successful.

To enable trace -> and include packages***=all