Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-05-30T11:04:12Z by magesh_sankar
magesh_sankar
magesh_sankar
28 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Is there a way to save the preferences settings as a file ?

‏2013-05-30T08:31:28Z |

Dear All,

Is there any method to export all the preferences setting of an EGL worspace as a  file ?

Because In our office ,the preferences settings of one PC is working perfectly fine whereas the same settings are not working properly in another PC,

So i want to copy the preferences settings of a working PC and import it in the PC with the settings issues are happening,

Kindly help me ,

Thanks& Regards

Magesh

• M Groeneweg
    M Groeneweg
    80 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Is there a way to save the preferences settings as a file ?

‏2013-05-30T10:44:08Z  in response to magesh_sankar

Hi,

Use the export option in the file menu. In the screen that follows, enter 'pref' in the filter to filter the list, then choose 'Preferences'. Then you can save the file.

On the other machine use the import option in the file menu, which works the same way.

We have a preference file on our network drive which we use after creating a new workspace, so all team members use the same preferences.

• magesh_sankar
      magesh_sankar
      28 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Is there a way to save the preferences settings as a file ?

‏2013-05-30T11:04:12Z  in response to M Groeneweg

Dear Groeneweg,

Thank you very much for the solution ,I got the answer for what i asked for ,

Regards

Magesh