Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-04-19T13:43:55Z by RS_UK_HAL
RS_UK_HAL
RS_UK_HAL
190 Posts

Pinned topic Is the forum search working...?

‏2013-04-19T10:06:52Z |

Is the search option (next to "This Forum") working?

I can't find anything any more!  I just get 0 out of 00 results all the time, no matter what I search on, including something as simple as the word "director"!!

Has all that rich history not been ported to this new design of this forum or am I doing something wrong...?

I've tried it with two browsers, just in case, but I'm getting the same results.

• CharcoalWater
    CharcoalWater
    1 Post

Re: Is the forum search working...?

‏2013-04-19T12:47:23Z  

Thanks for conforming that it was not just me. Before I saw your post I just thought this forum was simply not used anymore or I had no clue how to use it since all of my searches also came up empty.

I haven't been on this forum for a few years (when I installed IBMDirector 5.2), now there asking me to install 6.3. I really hope they will fix this whether its the search engine or data that was not migrated.

• RS_UK_HAL
    RS_UK_HAL
    190 Posts

Re: Is the forum search working...?

‏2013-04-19T13:43:55Z  

Thanks for conforming that it was not just me. Before I saw your post I just thought this forum was simply not used anymore or I had no clue how to use it since all of my searches also came up empty.

I haven't been on this forum for a few years (when I installed IBMDirector 5.2), now there asking me to install 6.3. I really hope they will fix this whether its the search engine or data that was not migrated.

What's even more scary is that the Views column is no longer there - not that I can see - so you can't tell if someone's read your post or not.

Also, I'm getting notifications if someone replies to my post (which some people might want) but I've not made any changes to my settings and I don't want my inbox flooded!

And the <Save> button is confusing - it's not actually saving anything, it's POSTING it...!

Finally, it would be VERY TRAGIC if all that rich history of posts is not ported to this new forum...

Updated on 2013-04-19T13:46:08Z at 2013-04-19T13:46:08Z by RS_UK_HAL