2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-06-11T20:35:20Z by cc_starter
cc_starter
cc_starter
8 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Remove the merge arrows

‏2013-06-06T20:52:56Z |

Hi All,

I'm trying to find out the latest version of the files that has been merged from a dev branch to the integration branch by a developer and then remove the versions on the integration branch using the below command.

ct find . -version "{version(.../<BRANCH_NAME>/LATEST) && created_since(DATE) && ! created_since(DATE) && created_by(USERID)}" -exec 'cleartool rmver -f $CLEARCASE_XPN'

But I'm not able to remove those, since the versions have the merge arrows. Can someone pls help me with this. Thanks in advance.

Regards

cc_starter

• benray
    benray
    74 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Remove the merge arrows

‏2013-06-10T15:36:41Z  in response to cc_starter

You would need to add the "-xhlink" option to the rmver command. Please do use caution with rmver as this data will be completely removed from the database along with all source containers. The only way to restore would be to go to backup. Also if these versions are included in a UCM baseline you will break the baseline. Often it is preferable to simply merge the older "correct" versions over the undesired versions to generate new versions that have the desired data; in this way the accurate history of the element will be preserved, warts and all.

• cc_starter
      cc_starter
      8 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Remove the merge arrows

‏2013-06-11T20:35:20Z  in response to benray

Thanks much, Benray.

Worked great !!!