Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-07-16T11:27:10Z by Pravinjayaram
JohnL
JohnL
4 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to disable Field Validation to fix up some field values on imported records

‏2013-07-09T17:44:05Z |

I am migrating records from a legacy tool into ClearQuest.   When you import records using the import tool, field level validation is disabled, so you can import values that are not valid.

Now, I am trying to run a CQ API script to update (Modify action) a specific field's value but the validation of the record is failing as some unrelated fields have invalid values.   I just want to ignore these field validation errors and just make the fields that I need to update.  Basically the behavior that I get when I import records using the import tool.

How can I do this?

• pdubovitsky
    pdubovitsky
    376 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to disable Field Validation to fix up some field values on imported records

‏2013-07-10T12:57:06Z  in response to JohnL

You could do it, but you would need to modify the validation hooks (for instance, to bypass the validation when some session variable is set).

Unfortunately, you cannot use "Import" action in the API.

Pavel

• Pravinjayaram
    Pravinjayaram
    29 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to disable Field Validation to fix up some field values on imported records

‏2013-07-16T11:27:10Z  in response to JohnL

You can bypass the validation only during import action. Instead of modify, you can again import the new values to the record. Instead of setting the field values, you can save it in the import list and during import it while apply the new values.