ENV: Windows 2008 64bit with JazzSM 220.127.116.11/ TCR 18.104.22.168
scenario: JazzSM is up and running, i can login succesfully locally on the same system and also from remote into the DASH
connecting to the Windows 2008 using MS RemoteDesktopConnection .. and -> close this session by -> 'Log Off'
now i'm not longer able to start a login into the DASH neither locally nor remote by the error -> Server is not available.
i stop and restart the JazzSM and a new login is possible again.
The same occur when i locally 'Log Off' from the system.
Only when i 'Lock' the current user session, it's possible to work with the DASH.
regarding a MS article and a few IBM technote, i tried the following, but without success:
Disable the Windows 2008 "User Profile Service" feature by enabling the policy setting 'Do not forcefully unload the user registry at user logoff'.
1. Logon to the application server as an administrator
2. Launch the group policy editor (click "Start - Run" then type "gpedit.msc")
3. Navigate "Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System-> UserProfiles"
4. Double-click on "Do not forcefully unload the user registry at user logoff"
5. Change the setting from "Not Configured" to "Enabled". TIP: 'DisableForceUnload' is the value added to the registry
6. Obtain a short period of downtime (no users on the system) and reboot the application server (to ensure that the change has been registered).
unfortunately the logs don't show an error.
has anyone made the same experiences?