• Latest Post - ‏2013-12-10T09:33:48Z by Jhelbig
Jhelbig
Jhelbig
6 Posts

Pinned topic DASH unaccessible after Logoff from a Windows Server

‏2013-09-18T10:57:46Z |

PROBLEM:
ENV: Windows 2008 64bit with JazzSM 1.1.0.1/ TCR 3.1.0.1

scenario:  JazzSM is up and running, i can login succesfully locally on the same system and also from remote into the DASH
                connecting to the Windows 2008 using MS RemoteDesktopConnection .. and -> close this session by -> 'Log Off'
                now i'm not longer able to start a login into the  DASH neither locally nor remote by the error -> Server is not available.
                i stop and restart the JazzSM and a new login is possible again.
                The same occur when i locally 'Log Off' from the system.
                Only when i 'Lock' the current user session, it's possible to work with the DASH.

regarding a MS article and a few IBM technote, i tried the following, but without success:
               Disable the Windows 2008 "User Profile Service" feature by enabling the policy setting 'Do not forcefully unload the user registry at user logoff'.
               Steps:
           1.    Logon to the application server as an administrator
           2.    Launch the group policy editor (click "Start - Run" then type "gpedit.msc")
           3.    Navigate "Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System-> UserProfiles"
           4.    Double-click on "Do not forcefully unload the user registry at user logoff"
           5.    Change the setting from "Not Configured" to "Enabled". TIP: 'DisableForceUnload' is the value added to the registry
           6.    Obtain a short period of downtime (no users on the system) and reboot the application server (to ensure that the change has been registered).

unfortunately the logs don't show an error.
           has anyone made the same experiences?
           and ideas?

Jens

• haola
    haola
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: DASH unaccessible after Logoff from a Windows Server

‏2013-09-18T12:30:05Z  

Hi Jens,

You could try to create a "Windows services for WebSphere Application Server" for the profile you have (ie JazzSMProfile if you took default values during your installation.)   Once created, such service will run in the background and would allow you to do what you want.

For information about Windows services for WebSphere Application Server, see reference here

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/techjournal/1005_supauth/1005_supauth.html

In case you need to query some basic settings of  your JazzSM's WebSphere Application Server profile, check out JazzSM_HOME/etc/jazzsm.was.settings.properties.

HTH

Hao

• haola
    haola
    4 Posts

‏2013-09-18T12:30:05Z  

Hi Jens,

You could try to create a "Windows services for WebSphere Application Server" for the profile you have (ie JazzSMProfile if you took default values during your installation.)   Once created, such service will run in the background and would allow you to do what you want.

For information about Windows services for WebSphere Application Server, see reference here

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/techjournal/1005_supauth/1005_supauth.html

In case you need to query some basic settings of  your JazzSM's WebSphere Application Server profile, check out JazzSM_HOME/etc/jazzsm.was.settings.properties.

HTH

Hao

• Jhelbig
    Jhelbig
    6 Posts

‏2013-12-10T09:33:48Z  
    • haola
    • ‏2013-09-18T12:30:05Z

Hi Jens,

HTH

Hao

Hi Hao,

sorry for the delay.  I have registered the WAS from the JazzSM and now i can restart  the Windows and the WebSphere will be started automatically.
    Also there is no longer the problem with the logout from RDM session.

many thanks

Jens