Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-10-06T05:21:15Z by JonathanEosze
swoop80
swoop80
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Need to know more

‏2013-05-23T22:17:47Z |

Hi.  I found some high level docs about RDZ and it sounded pretty good.  I'm currently not working and I have an idea for a product - and I'm interested in developing a simple prototype of it... but it requires batch and CICS apps to exchange data (real time) with web services.  Can that be accomplished in RDZ?  Also - what are the usage issues/limitations you've run into while working with RDZ?  Appreciate any newbie advice, folks.

• JonathanEosze
    JonathanEosze
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Need to know more

‏2013-10-06T05:21:15Z  in response to swoop80

Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing since you posted in the RDT forum:

• RDz is a product that essentially provides an Eclipse GUI for mainframe development like Java developers have used for years. It has some tools to help create web services
    • RDz-UT (Unit Test) was completely unrelated to RDz. This is the old name of RDT
    • RDT is the product that provides the zSeries hardware emulation, and thus allows running z/OS and z/VM on x86 hardware. Once z/OS is up and running, it is just another z/OS image with all of the internal connectivity and all the external TCP/IP connectivity you are used to.

Which one are you referring to?