Topic
  • 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2015-01-28T12:57:18Z by Slakshmi
amccarl
amccarl
73 Posts

Pinned topic DB2 JDBC driver is not licensed for connectivity by file db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar ERRORCODE=-4472 SQLSTATE=42968

‏2013-09-05T16:44:51Z |

The JDBC connection checks to see if it is licensed to connect to the server by checking the CLASSPATH environment variable for db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar. If the correct license file is not listed in the CLASSPATH then the error is returned.

The error is discussed in more detail in technical article 1413734,  http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21413734

• amccarl
    amccarl
    73 Posts

Re: DB2 JDBC driver is not licensed for connectivity by file db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar ERRORCODE=-4472 SQLSTATE=42968

‏2013-09-05T16:45:14Z  
    Hello!  We've had a number of clients respond through feedback to our technical documents indicating that they have further questions or comments that require additional dialogue.  Unfortunately, our feedback is anonymous, so unless an email address or other contact information is included, we have no way to get back in touch with you.

Within DB2 support, the management team asked if we could somehow link our documents to the forums so that we could invite more discussion - like this!   As a start, we chose a small set of  technical articles and "seeded" the forum with initial entries so that we could have a starting place for conversation.  The documents have now been updated with links to the forums as well.  

Hopefully, we will make DB2 support better by providing more interaction around our technical information!
  • Zahni
    Zahni
    16 Posts

Re: DB2 JDBC driver is not licensed for connectivity by file db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar ERRORCODE=-4472 SQLSTATE=42968

‏2013-09-09T14:16:30Z  
    • amccarl
    • ‏2013-09-05T16:45:14Z
    Hello!  We've had a number of clients respond through feedback to our technical documents indicating that they have further questions or comments that require additional dialogue.  Unfortunately, our feedback is anonymous, so unless an email address or other contact information is included, we have no way to get back in touch with you.

Within DB2 support, the management team asked if we could somehow link our documents to the forums so that we could invite more discussion - like this!   As a start, we chose a small set of  technical articles and "seeded" the forum with initial entries so that we could have a starting place for conversation.  The documents have now been updated with links to the forums as well.  

Hopefully, we will make DB2 support better by providing more interaction around our technical information!

Link not working:

Our Apologies...

The page you requested cannot be displayed

I see this error with latest DB2  10.5.1 Data Server Client on Windows  with WAS 8.5.5

• amccarl
    amccarl
    73 Posts

‏2013-09-09T15:37:45Z  
    • Zahni
    • ‏2013-09-09T14:16:30Z

Link not working:

Our Apologies...

The page you requested cannot be displayed

I see this error with latest DB2  10.5.1 Data Server Client on Windows  with WAS 8.5.5

Seems like there are some problems going on with docs on the web.  Not sure when that will be fixed, but hopefully soon!

• Drome
    Drome
    2 Posts

‏2015-01-27T16:45:48Z  
    • amccarl
    • ‏2013-09-05T16:45:14Z

I'm trying to connect via JDBC to an AS400. I have never used JDBC before and I know next to nothing about DB2 so I'm completely in the dark :)

What I want to achieve is simply to read a table and display its contents on a web page. I have the database name, the table name and the column names. When I try to connect to the AS400 via JDBC I get an error similar to the topic of this forum, ie. "The version of the IBM Universal JDBC driver in use is not licensed for connectivity to QAS databases."

The page on the IBM web site which describes how to resolve this problem is http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21413734

Assuming I am able to locate the necessary licence file (I have a sinking feeling about that already!) then I'm not sure what to do next. What the above page fails to describe is on which platform the licence file should be placed. On the AS400 or on the server that is making the call to the AS400?

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Slakshmi
    Slakshmi
    20 Posts

‏2015-01-27T16:55:30Z  
    • Drome
    • ‏2015-01-27T16:45:48Z

I'm trying to connect via JDBC to an AS400. I have never used JDBC before and I know next to nothing about DB2 so I'm completely in the dark :)

What I want to achieve is simply to read a table and display its contents on a web page. I have the database name, the table name and the column names. When I try to connect to the AS400 via JDBC I get an error similar to the topic of this forum, ie. "The version of the IBM Universal JDBC driver in use is not licensed for connectivity to QAS databases."

The page on the IBM web site which describes how to resolve this problem is http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21413734

Assuming I am able to locate the necessary licence file (I have a sinking feeling about that already!) then I'm not sure what to do next. What the above page fails to describe is on which platform the licence file should be placed. On the AS400 or on the server that is making the call to the AS400?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi,

As explained in the technote, The JDBC connection checks to see if it is licensed to connect to the server by checking the CLASSPATH environment variable for db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar. If the correct license file is not listed in the CLASSPATH then the error is returned.

The CLASSPATH of the client application environment NOT the AS400 Server.

You have to add the location of the db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar you downloaded, to the CLASSPATH of the server that is making the call to the AS400.

Refer: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSEPGG_10.5.0/com.ibm.db2.luw.apdv.java.doc/src/tpc/imjcc_t0010264.html

Hope this helps!

Thank you!

• Drome
    Drome
    2 Posts

‏2015-01-28T09:50:14Z  
    • Slakshmi
    • ‏2015-01-27T16:55:30Z

Hi,

As explained in the technote, The JDBC connection checks to see if it is licensed to connect to the server by checking the CLASSPATH environment variable for db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar. If the correct license file is not listed in the CLASSPATH then the error is returned.

The CLASSPATH of the client application environment NOT the AS400 Server.

You have to add the location of the db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar you downloaded, to the CLASSPATH of the server that is making the call to the AS400.

Refer: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSEPGG_10.5.0/com.ibm.db2.luw.apdv.java.doc/src/tpc/imjcc_t0010264.html

Hope this helps!

Thank you!

Hi

Thanks for the swift reply. I will try and get hold of the db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar file. Hopefully my admins will know where to download it from.

Do you know which port I should use for connecting via JDBC to DB2 on an AS400? According to a tutorial I read the default port for DB2 is 50000. When I tried this I got a "connection refused" message. I searched the web and there seems to be some confusion in this area. I settled on port 446 but I don't know if this is correct.

• Slakshmi
    Slakshmi
    20 Posts

‏2015-01-28T12:57:18Z  
    • Drome
    • ‏2015-01-28T09:50:14Z

Hi

Thanks for the swift reply. I will try and get hold of the db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar file. Hopefully my admins will know where to download it from.

Do you know which port I should use for connecting via JDBC to DB2 on an AS400? According to a tutorial I read the default port for DB2 is 50000. When I tried this I got a "connection refused" message. I searched the web and there seems to be some confusion in this area. I settled on port 446 but I don't know if this is correct.

Hi,

You are very welcome! You have to reach out to your DB2 admins on AS/400 to get the port number DB2 is listening on.

In DB2 on LUW, 50000 is the default port and DBAs can change it to any valid port they want DB2 to use.

In your case, for DB2 on As/400, please check with your DB2 admin.

Thank you!

Subbulakshmi