Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-11-21T14:14:50Z by Jorge Nagasaki
Jorge Nagasaki
Jorge Nagasaki
2 Posts

Pinned topic RDz Custom Code Review - Call stmt

‏2013-10-16T18:22:07Z |

Hi,  I am trying to create a custom rule in Code Review function of RDz.   I am able to run some samples, and simple custom rules, and Now I have a specific need in our tests.    I need to check the name of the program that is in the  Call statement in cobol source. Or the name of the variable..  I tried to find someway in the CallStmt object to get this information , but I was not able to find a way to get the called program .   Do you have any idea how to accomplish this?   tks

• AdamBritt
    AdamBritt
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: RDz Custom Code Review - Call stmt

‏2013-11-19T16:12:04Z  

You may have figured it out already, but since I was working with the CallStmt earlier today the answer is easy for me.

The interface CallStmt has a method "getProgram" which gets the program name. The return type of this function is DataRefOrLiteral, which is an umbrella type that is either a DataRef (variables and a bunch of other stuff) or a literal (hard coded value). You then need to go further down the type hierarchy, depending on which type in order to get the actual value.

• AdamBritt
    AdamBritt
    1 Post

‏2013-11-19T16:12:04Z  

You may have figured it out already, but since I was working with the CallStmt earlier today the answer is easy for me.

The interface CallStmt has a method "getProgram" which gets the program name. The return type of this function is DataRefOrLiteral, which is an umbrella type that is either a DataRef (variables and a bunch of other stuff) or a literal (hard coded value). You then need to go further down the type hierarchy, depending on which type in order to get the actual value.

• Jorge Nagasaki
    Jorge Nagasaki
    2 Posts

‏2013-11-21T14:14:50Z  
    • AdamBritt
    • ‏2013-11-19T16:12:04Z

Great!  Thank You very much..