Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-07-30T09:20:13Z by mnamnour
mnamnour
mnamnour
2 Posts

Pinned topic Lineage specification - wrong locale of queryItems

‏2013-07-26T09:22:00Z |

I tried to create a lineage request for a report from the official samples using the SDK. However, some of the objects in the linear specification response had names in wrong locale (German). Those objects have the type queryItem. All the dataItems in the specification all have correct names.

The expressionLocale attribute of the escaped querySet element has value "en-ca".

Is there a way how to set a locale through SDK when sending the lineage request? I haven't found anything in chapter Chapter 26 of the SDK Developer Guide. I also went through the XML Schemas for lineage request/response to no avail.

 

Here are the samples for the lineage request document, example of the code that invokes the lineage query and the response document that contains the German names for some objects. Cognos SDK Gist

The queried document was:

/content/folder[@name='Packages']/package[@name='GO Sales (query)']/folder[@name='Report Studio Report Samples']/report[@name='Order Invoices - Donald Chow, Sales Person']


Here is an example of an object with wrong locale:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<object id="[gosales].[Sales].[Order number]">
   <name>Bestellnummer</name>
   <type>queryItem</type>
   <property displayName="ID" name="objectId">[AUFUmsatz].[Umsatz].[Bestellnummer]</property>
   <property displayName="Name" name="objectName">Bestellnummer</property>
   <property displayName="Type" name="objectType">Query Item</property>
   <property displayName="Expression" name="expression">[AUFUmsatz].[(de) ORDER_HEADER].[(de) ORDER_NUMBER]</property>
   <property displayName="Datatype" displayValue="Int 32" name="datatype">int32</property>
   <property displayName="Precision" name="precision">0</property>
   <property displayName="Scale" name="scale">0</property>
   <property displayName="Size" name="size">4</property>
   <property displayName="Regular Aggregate" displayValue="Count" name="regularAggregate">count</property>
   <property displayName="Semi Aggregate" displayValue="Unsupported Value" name="semiAggregate">unsupported</property>
   <transformation>
      <type>objectReference</type>
      <property displayName="Expression" name="expression">[AUFUmsatz].[(de) ORDER_HEADER].[(de) ORDER_NUMBER]</property>
      <objectRef>[gosales].[ORDER_HEADER].[ORDER_NUMBER]</objectRef>
   </transformation>
   <parentRef>[gosales].[Sales]</parentRef>
</object>

 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Vladimir

Updated on 2013-07-29T09:37:52Z at 2013-07-29T09:37:52Z by mnamnour
  • mnamnour
    mnamnour
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

    Re: Lineage specification - wrong locale of queryItems

    ‏2013-07-30T09:20:13Z  

    I managed to resolve the problem by switching the content language option from "Use the default language" to "English" in the settings of the user account I use for logins. Thanks to Josef Bodnar for pointing me in the right direction.

  • mnamnour
    mnamnour
    2 Posts

    Re: Lineage specification - wrong locale of queryItems

    ‏2013-07-30T09:20:13Z  

    I managed to resolve the problem by switching the content language option from "Use the default language" to "English" in the settings of the user account I use for logins. Thanks to Josef Bodnar for pointing me in the right direction.