• 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-12-10T19:41:39Z by gsager
9FFQ_Ronald_Davis
9FFQ_Ronald_Davis
8 Posts

Pinned topic Project version does not match Designer version

‏2013-12-09T17:37:06Z |

Good morning Everyone,

This morning I checked out a project  from the SVN to set the stage for making a modification to a portlet.  Check out was fairly straightforward and I managed to get the code into my Workspace.  I have included a small document that has a few snap shots of the project,  FB_Current_Statement.  If you notice, I have a webapp error, Project version does not match Designer version. You need to upgrade the project. 

. I performed a right click on the project and chose the Upgrade Project Version option. I selected the OK Button to expedite the update.   I thought this would resolve my problem.  Long story short, it did not.  Has anyone ever encountered this before?  Can anyone out there provide any insight on this matter?  Am I correct in assuming there is an incompatibility between the client on my desktop and version of the project that resides in the SVN?

Thank you,

Ron

Attachments

• kevintap
    kevintap
    748 Posts

Re: Project version does not match Designer version

‏2013-12-09T18:12:11Z  

This looks like the project that you retrieved from SVN contains various project artifacts (possibly WEB-INF/lib/factory.jar among others) from a different version of WEF than your Designer.  The action to upgrade project version should have updated all artifacts in the project to the version that matches your Designer.  It's unclear why the version mismatch error would still be displayed.  Did you receive any errors or warnings during the upgrade project version action?  Are any of the files in the project flagged as read-only - possibly by the source control software - that would prevent those files from being updated or modified?  I might suggest running your Designer with the -debug -consolelog command line arguments to show the stdout/stderr for the Designer process.  Then repeat the upgrade project version action and see if any errors are reported.

The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.

• 9FFQ_Ronald_Davis
    9FFQ_Ronald_Davis
    8 Posts

‏2013-12-09T18:44:20Z  
    • kevintap
    • ‏2013-12-09T18:12:11Z

This looks like the project that you retrieved from SVN contains various project artifacts (possibly WEB-INF/lib/factory.jar among others) from a different version of WEF than your Designer.  The action to upgrade project version should have updated all artifacts in the project to the version that matches your Designer.  It's unclear why the version mismatch error would still be displayed.  Did you receive any errors or warnings during the upgrade project version action?  Are any of the files in the project flagged as read-only - possibly by the source control software - that would prevent those files from being updated or modified?  I might suggest running your Designer with the -debug -consolelog command line arguments to show the stdout/stderr for the Designer process.  Then repeat the upgrade project version action and see if any errors are reported.

The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.

Thanks for responding Kevintap, I'm certainly going to give your suggestions a try.  I'll post my comments when I'm done.

~Ron

• 9FFQ_Ronald_Davis
    9FFQ_Ronald_Davis
    8 Posts

‏2013-12-09T18:49:41Z  
    • kevintap

To answer your question, I did not receive any errors or warnings during the upgrades.  What I might do is delete the project from my workspace and try the checkout again just to confirm.  

• 9FFQ_Ronald_Davis
    9FFQ_Ronald_Davis
    8 Posts

‏2013-12-09T19:05:04Z  
    • kevintap

Kevin,

I do have a question.  How would I go about doing this? [  running your Designer with the -debug -consolelog command line arguments to show the stdout/stderr for the Designer process]

~ Ron

• gsager
    gsager
    135 Posts

‏2013-12-10T19:41:39Z  

Kevin,

I do have a question.  How would I go about doing this? [  running your Designer with the -debug -consolelog command line arguments to show the stdout/stderr for the Designer process]

~ Ron

You can  run eclipsec.exe which is in the eclipse directory under the install directory from the windows run menu or command prompt and include any switches you want the eclipsec.exe displays a command window that lets you see console output.