Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-03-18T01:44:46Z by Vincent Jiang
HowardWright
HowardWright
1 Post

Pinned topic instrumented files accumulate on automated build system - how to clear cache?

‏2014-03-13T17:24:18Z |

We have an automated build system that runs pure coverage using the output binaries. The version numbers increment, so we get build 0.0.0.5, then 0.0.0.6 etc. What seems to be happening is that PureCoverage stores information on the filenames/paths of instrumented files, so as time progresses, we get warnings appearing such as:

"The module c:\path\myfile_no_strip_0.0.0.29.dll.CSel is missing."

"The module c:\path\myfile_no_strip_0.0.0.23.dll.CSel is missing."

These files only exist after that specific build, they are then archived, the directory deleted and output from another build takes it place after the next build, which will use another version number.

It appears that this information (previously used files) is stored by Pure Coverage in a registry cache. I can't find any way to control this cache or to clear it. In this situation, how can I tell Pure Coverage to clear the history of previously instrumented files, or to not add the current file to the registry cache?

​

• Vincent Jiang
    Vincent Jiang
    9 Posts

Re: instrumented files accumulate on automated build system - how to clear cache?

‏2014-03-18T01:44:46Z  

I believe a PMR is open for this issue