2 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-11-24T12:04:20Z by john_B
mk_rp
mk_rp
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic BigInsights with YARN beta: permission denied

‏2014-08-13T23:42:50Z |

Hi folks,

We're testing out BigInsights with YARN - the installation was successful, and we're able to interface with HDFS and YARN, however, we cannot succesfully log into BigInsights web console. I chose Pam with FlatFile authentication during install, all the users and groups were created, however whenever I try to log in with the defaults biamdin/passw0rd the login fails with the message "Permission Denied" can someone point me to where I could start troubleshooting this (not even sure which logs to check out). I'm 90% sure my users/groups are setup and configured correctly. Thanks!

• dvillegas
    dvillegas
    16 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: BigInsights with YARN beta: permission denied

‏2014-08-15T21:38:47Z  in response to mk_rp

Hi,

Please check the following:

- You can log in normally with biadmin/passw0rd in the console node from the terminal (e.g. su - biadmin), and there are no expiration messages

- biadmin has read permissions for /etc/shadow (for example, the file group is set to shadow, it has group read permissions and biadmin belongs to the shadow group)

- there are no installation error messages. Feel free to copy here the install logs if you are unsure

Regards,

David Villegas.

• john_B
    john_B
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Ответ: BigInsights with YARN beta: permission denied

‏2014-11-24T12:04:20Z  in response to mk_rp

Hi Matias! How could you install Yarn? Did you reinstall Hadoop?