Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-06-03T18:31:53Z by Hifzur!
konapalligopi
konapalligopi
62 Posts

Pinned topic Why Custom Objects are not supported in ICN and Workplace XT

‏2013-05-10T02:39:07Z |

Hi Nicolas and damorris,

Thank you so much for your quick response regarding ICN custom object . Just asking for my curisosity. Is there any reason to not provide custom objects functionality in Workplace XT?

Updated on 2013-05-10T02:40:16Z at 2013-05-10T02:40:16Z by konapalligopi
  • konapalligopi
    konapalligopi
    62 Posts

Re: Why Custom Objects are not supported in ICN and Workplace XT

‏2013-05-17T03:25:28Z  

Hi,

Can somebody provide your comments please?

• nicolas.leralle
    nicolas.leralle
    100 Posts

‏2013-05-17T09:54:29Z  

Hi,

Can somebody provide your comments please?

Hi,

I'm just a FileNet user, not a designer, so I don't have any clue about the choice. I just know that the WorkplaceXT help says "In addition, you must use Workplace if you want to publish a document or work with custom objects".

Best regards,

Nicolas

• konapalligopi
    konapalligopi
    62 Posts

‏2013-05-20T00:55:44Z  

Hi,

I'm just a FileNet user, not a designer, so I don't have any clue about the choice. I just know that the WorkplaceXT help says "In addition, you must use Workplace if you want to publish a document or work with custom objects".

Best regards,

Nicolas

Thank you for your comments Nicolas.

• Hifzur!
    Hifzur!
    2 Posts

‏2013-06-03T18:31:53Z  

Hi,

Best regards,

Nicolas

Thats true that XT does not support custom objects but why XT simply filter outs the Custom Object but they still does exist in FileNet repository. What's the reason leaving custom objects?

That means if I do have an existing Customized  Workplace application (built on top of OOTB Workplace) where I am using Custom Objects then I cant use in ICN/XT? In such a scenario what will be the choice?