• 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-12-12T19:00:23Z by ENO2010
ENO2010
ENO2010
45 Posts

Pinned topic RDz - Pre-processor

‏2013-12-05T19:19:55Z |

Hi guys,

I'm looking for documentation about RDz pre-processor and if possible, I would like to have a sample of Rexx that I can use for testing.

thanks

eric

• ENO2010
    ENO2010
    45 Posts

Re: RDz - Pre-processor

‏2013-12-08T15:12:33Z  

someone?????

• walexand
    walexand
    138 Posts

‏2013-12-09T19:07:14Z  
    • ENO2010
    • ‏2013-12-08T15:12:33Z

someone?????

Have you reviewed the (Optional) Include preprocessor support section of Chapter 7 in the Host Configuration Guide?

• ENO2010
    ENO2010
    45 Posts

‏2013-12-10T18:58:34Z  
    • walexand
    • ‏2013-12-09T19:07:14Z

Have you reviewed the (Optional) Include preprocessor support section of Chapter 7 in the Host Configuration Guide?

I don't see any chapter about preprocessor in the Host COnfiguration Guide, so I suppose that my version of the document is not the good one.

Could please give me the reference number of the document.

thanks

• walexand
    walexand
    138 Posts

‏2013-12-10T19:38:17Z  
    • ENO2010
    • ‏2013-12-10T18:58:34Z

I don't see any chapter about preprocessor in the Host COnfiguration Guide, so I suppose that my version of the document is not the good one.

Could please give me the reference number of the document.

thanks

Hi Eric,

I was looking at the v9 doc: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/ratdevz/v9r0/topic/com.ibm.etools.rdz.installing.doc/pdf/hostcust.pdf

I think it was in Chapter 6 in earlier versions.

• 7902_John_McAvenue
    7902_John_McAvenue
    19 Posts

‏2013-12-11T10:27:19Z  

I've created proof of concept scripts to demonstrate pre-processors working but they are a bit hard coded so probably not much use to you. I did find this video on You Tube whoch demonstrates pre-processor integration. Towards the end the REXX script is shown on screen. This accepts and parses the parameters sent from the RDz client then submits a JCL to invoke a pre-processor (you woudl need to write this yourself based on your own requirements) then it wait sfor the results. It may be a decent place to start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhfBEcJdlCo

I'm sure Jon Sayles also had some material on pre-processor integration which he presented at one of his Drs In sessions. I think this included a sample REXX.

If you do get your script working perhaps you coudl share it with the rest of us? Out of curioisity what pre-processing requirement do you have? We have a certain amount of COBOL source which contains language statements specific to Fidelity Information Systems (FIS) applications. These need to be run through the FIS pre-processor to generate standard COBOL which RDz editors can then understand. It seemed to work well in my proof of concept. All syntax errors were resolved, advanced tooling was enabled and lines of non standard COBOL were higlighted with mouse hover-over showing the standard COBOL created by the pre-processor

• ENO2010
    ENO2010
    45 Posts

‏2013-12-12T19:00:23Z  

I've created proof of concept scripts to demonstrate pre-processors working but they are a bit hard coded so probably not much use to you. I did find this video on You Tube whoch demonstrates pre-processor integration. Towards the end the REXX script is shown on screen. This accepts and parses the parameters sent from the RDz client then submits a JCL to invoke a pre-processor (you woudl need to write this yourself based on your own requirements) then it wait sfor the results. It may be a decent place to start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhfBEcJdlCo

I'm sure Jon Sayles also had some material on pre-processor integration which he presented at one of his Drs In sessions. I think this included a sample REXX.

If you do get your script working perhaps you coudl share it with the rest of us? Out of curioisity what pre-processing requirement do you have? We have a certain amount of COBOL source which contains language statements specific to Fidelity Information Systems (FIS) applications. These need to be run through the FIS pre-processor to generate standard COBOL which RDz editors can then understand. It seemed to work well in my proof of concept. All syntax errors were resolved, advanced tooling was enabled and lines of non standard COBOL were higlighted with mouse hover-over showing the standard COBOL created by the pre-processor

At the moment, I would like to understand how it works and how I can use it. for this reason, I'm looking for a very simple rexx file that I could use as starting point. thank you for the link to the video. It is a good starting point.

once, I have something working, I'll upload it to this forum. Otherwise, if someone of you has a sample, please upload it .

thanks

Eric