Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-12-23T12:53:59Z by MarcvanLint
MarcvanLint
MarcvanLint
57 Posts

Pinned topic RQM RRDG Output font is too small.

‏2013-12-04T16:30:25Z |

I rewrite this post to simply: the RPE template is great. Now run same template in RRDG and the output text size is too small. How can I handle this? (Font sizes are set in the Styles).

Thanks, Marc

Updated on 2013-12-16T12:40:14Z at 2013-12-16T12:40:14Z by MarcvanLint
  • MarcvanLint
    MarcvanLint
    57 Posts

Re: RQM RRDG Output font is too small.

‏2013-12-16T12:40:37Z  

Maybe this re-write of this post will trigger a reaction.

• Kumaraswamy M
    Kumaraswamy M
    248 Posts

‏2013-12-17T06:13:56Z  

Maybe this re-write of this post will trigger a reaction.

Hi Marc,

>>> Now run same template in RRDG and the output text size is too small.

The font information might be sent to RRDG from RQM. Hence, RRDG renders as it receives.

>>> How can I handle this? (Font sizes are set in the Styles).

RPE/RRDG could get formatting either from input via RQM or as defined in the template. It could be both in some cases. If RQM sends font size as 8, RRDG renders the same size.

Couple of options that you could try out.

1. In document specification, under Metadata properties, a property named "data formatting" could be used to specify from where the formatting should be applied. The default is "mixed', which means, the format info sent from RQM and as defined in RPE template are both applied. Format input from RQM takes precedence incase of ambiguity. The other options for the property are "source" / "template". I'm not sure if this property value could be specified from RQM during report generation.

2. In the RPE template, you could use a javascript to find the lower font data and replace with higher value as needed.

Thanks,

Kumar

• MarcvanLint
    MarcvanLint
    57 Posts

‏2013-12-17T09:22:00Z  

Hi Marc,

>>> Now run same template in RRDG and the output text size is too small.

The font information might be sent to RRDG from RQM. Hence, RRDG renders as it receives.

>>> How can I handle this? (Font sizes are set in the Styles).

RPE/RRDG could get formatting either from input via RQM or as defined in the template. It could be both in some cases. If RQM sends font size as 8, RRDG renders the same size.

Couple of options that you could try out.

1. In document specification, under Metadata properties, a property named "data formatting" could be used to specify from where the formatting should be applied. The default is "mixed', which means, the format info sent from RQM and as defined in RPE template are both applied. Format input from RQM takes precedence incase of ambiguity. The other options for the property are "source" / "template". I'm not sure if this property value could be specified from RQM during report generation.

2. In the RPE template, you could use a javascript to find the lower font data and replace with higher value as needed.

Thanks,

Kumar

Attached a very small 3 lines template (no sources needed). It shows that a default line, a line with 10 and a line with 20. You see that in PDF you need a different size than when exporting html. When using RQM/RRDG both are used based on 1 template. Furthermore in RQM/RRDG I can't define a style-sheet. Only have a .dta file, hence the hardcoded font sizes and other properties.

I had to remove the .dta file - but create a small 3 lines template

- 1 line with no font size defined

- 1 line with 10 as the font size

- 1 line with 20 as the font size

• Kumaraswamy M
    Kumaraswamy M
    248 Posts

‏2013-12-17T15:48:44Z  

Attached a very small 3 lines template (no sources needed). It shows that a default line, a line with 10 and a line with 20. You see that in PDF you need a different size than when exporting html. When using RQM/RRDG both are used based on 1 template. Furthermore in RQM/RRDG I can't define a style-sheet. Only have a .dta file, hence the hardcoded font sizes and other properties.

I had to remove the .dta file - but create a small 3 lines template

- 1 line with no font size defined

- 1 line with 10 as the font size

- 1 line with 20 as the font size

Hi Marc,

>>> You see that in PDF you need a different size than when exporting html. When using RQM/RRDG both are used based on 1 template.

For this, RPE is required to define custom template / custom font size. I don't know if there is a way to select custom template from RQM while generating report using RRDG.

Thanks,

Kumar

• Kumaraswamy M
    Kumaraswamy M
    248 Posts

‏2013-12-18T06:34:22Z  

Hi Marc,

>>> You see that in PDF you need a different size than when exporting html. When using RQM/RRDG both are used based on 1 template.

For this, RPE is required to define custom template / custom font size. I don't know if there is a way to select custom template from RQM while generating report using RRDG.

Thanks,

Kumar

I was thinking of any other easier way. In the custom template, create an external variable fontSize and set different font size during document generation for different outputs. In this case, document generation is needed multiple times if font size is different for PDF and Html.

Thanks,

Kumar

• MarcvanLint
    MarcvanLint
    57 Posts

‏2013-12-23T12:53:59Z  

I was thinking of any other easier way. In the custom template, create an external variable fontSize and set different font size during document generation for different outputs. In this case, document generation is needed multiple times if font size is different for PDF and Html.

Thanks,

Kumar

I understand you proposed solution. Only it needs a redefintion of fontsize on every element where the style is applied (aka every element). To me that sounds like a bad solution for a bad defect.
    I'm grateful for your efforts to come to a solution.