Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-01-02T15:23:20Z by JoeMorganNTST
JoeMorganNTST
JoeMorganNTST
427 Posts

Pinned topic Very Unusual DP Behavior

‏2013-12-26T19:38:41Z |

I have an XB62 hosting an MPG for all inbound DMZ traffic.  The only thing this does is terminate SSL and dynamically route based upon the host header.

This was working fine until a few days ago when the logs show a peculiar error:

A timeout occurred when reading or writing through the default identity processor.

Following that moment, no transactions show in the debug probes and nothing is showing in the logs, even though I have it set at debug mode.  However, transactions are going through it.  I restarted the domain, and then restarted the appliance.  Nothing has changed.  It is as if the service isn't there, but requests are being processed.

Additionally, the logs aren't rotating.  My default log should rotate, to 3, but it just rotated and I don't have any log file except "default".

Updated on 2013-12-26T19:46:57Z at 2013-12-26T19:46:57Z by JoeMorganNTST
  • HermannSW
    HermannSW
    4874 Posts

Re: Very Unusual DP Behavior

‏2013-12-26T22:56:30Z  

Hi Joe,

I cannot tell on the logs.

But what you tell on Probe seems to indidcate that somehow the box global internal service listening on 127.0.0.1:63504 has been killed.
    That service is responsible for taking probe records and storing into ramdisk for later Probe display.

You need at least a firmware reload to get that service started again.

But one question for clarification -- your box is no production box, right?
    InfoCenter tells in bold letters NOT to turn on Probe in production environments:
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wsdatap/v5r0m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.dp.doc%2Fproblemdetermination73.htm

The probe must be enabled before transactions can be captured and analyzed.

CAUTION:
    Do not leave the probe in the enabled state for production conditions. Disable the probe before moving the configuration into production.

Restarting the appliance disables the probe.

Hermann<myXsltBlog/> <myXsltTweets/> <myCE/> <myFrameless/>

• NILAY97
    NILAY97
    224 Posts

‏2014-01-02T04:53:49Z  
    • HermannSW
    • ‏2013-12-26T22:56:30Z

Hi Joe,

But what you tell on Probe seems to indidcate that somehow the box global internal service listening on 127.0.0.1:63504 has been killed.
    That service is responsible for taking probe records and storing into ramdisk for later Probe display.

InfoCenter tells in bold letters NOT to turn on Probe in production environments:
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wsdatap/v5r0m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.dp.doc%2Fproblemdetermination73.htm

CAUTION:
    Do not leave the probe in the enabled state for production conditions. Disable the probe before moving the configuration into production.

Hi Hermann,

Interesting point here. Could you please elaborate when you say the global internal service listening on 127.0.0.1:63504 has been killed? Where is this internal service defined in DP? By the name it seems, its common to all the domains on the box. Having said that, is this something defined in the DEFAULT Domain?

Could you please educate me on this?

Thanks,

Nilay.

• JoeMorganNTST
    JoeMorganNTST
    427 Posts

‏2014-01-02T15:23:20Z  
    • HermannSW
    • ‏2013-12-26T22:56:30Z

Hi Joe,

CAUTION:

Fortunately, it isn't a production appliance.  I've tried everything else.  I'll try the firmware reload to see what happens.