• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-07-26T21:36:16Z by jgstew
comjb
comjb
7 Posts

Pinned topic Restoring running apps on restart

‏2014-05-05T16:29:23Z |

We have a dilemma.

We need the ability similar to what WSUS does to restore open/running applications upon user logon after a post-patch initiated automatic restart. You can simulate this behavior by using the Windows built-in "shutdown.exe /g /t 00" command, however this command doesn't seem to work when pushing it as an action using waithidden (we want to suppress the shutdown.exe's restart notification bubble). The BigFix built-in automatic restart doesn't seem to have this capability either (which would be very nice).

Has anyone successfully been able to do this using BigFix?

• jgstew
    jgstew
    68 Posts

Re: Restoring running apps on restart

‏2014-05-09T01:57:58Z  

If exists current user, then add all currently running apps to the current user's RunOnce key in the registry.

• comjb
    comjb
    7 Posts

‏2014-06-25T18:19:51Z  
    • jgstew
    • ‏2014-05-09T01:57:58Z

If exists current user, then add all currently running apps to the current user's RunOnce key in the registry.

I have not tried this yet but plan too. Out of curiosity, do you use this method currently in your environment and does it work pretty well?

Thanks

• jgstew
    jgstew
    68 Posts

‏2014-07-26T21:36:16Z  
    • comjb
    • ‏2014-06-25T18:19:51Z

I have not tried this yet but plan too. Out of curiosity, do you use this method currently in your environment and does it work pretty well?

Thanks

I don't do this currently at all. Just a possibility I thought of.