One of my clients have Web Query 1.1.2 and want to migrate to version 2.1.0. All prerequisites were installed.
After installing version 2.1.0, and executing the command STRWEBQRY, the legend 'Performing QU2 to WQX migration. Please wait…' appears.
During the migration there were issues:
- It took more than 15 hrs so it could let me access the Log In window of WQX.
- The list of Domains, now Top-level folders, are reduced to 5 when there were 14 in the QU2 version.
- Those 5 folders that appear in WQX are empty.
- The legend ''Performing QU2 to WQX migration...' is still present in the session.
- After 3 hours of being stuck in that same legend and without constant activity in the log nor in the active job, I end the migration job and I start it again. The result was the same.
When it was decided to return to QU2:
- It was ended Web Query and started QU2 from the command QWEBQRY77/STRWEBQRY
- The first time the status was 'Partial'. So it was ended.
- The second and third time it didn't change from the status 'Starting'
- If NETSTAT is checked, the ports that were working: 11331, 11332, 11333, 11334, 11335, 11339.
- if QWEBQRY subsystem is checked, the jobs related with Web Query that were in Active status:
- The options installed in QU2 are 1,2,3,4. In WQX are 2,4,5,6.
According to the documentation the two products can coexist. I upgraded QU2 to WQX in a demo environment two or three months ago and it worked fine. but not this one with the client.
I tried to find some log that could tell me what went wrong but I still can't find it.
There is a note in "DB2 Web Query New Features Version 2.1.0" that says:
- An unsupported file type in Web Query Version 1.1.x, for example, a file extension of .URL, will cause the migration import process to fail.
- Workaround: Remove the unsupported file type from your v11x installation and rerun the migration process.
- Where do I find this URL file type? are the HTM file type related?. Because I found some HTM files in '/QIBM/UserData/ibi/webfocus77/basedir', and in the folders inside this.
I will really appreciate any help you could provide us.