Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-04-26T09:17:38Z by suneel.kumar
george.baker
george.baker
314 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic New Hot Spot issues

‏2013-04-19T20:04:54Z |

I'm just returning to the Hot Spot after the upgrade.  I'm very disappointed.  I tried to search for an entry and I get zero, nada, none, zilch results on anything I search on.  Who calls this an improvement?

Is there some trick to searching this Hot Spot for help?

• Pathogen67
    Pathogen67
    27 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: New Hot Spot issues

‏2013-04-21T03:50:24Z  in response to george.baker

I completely agree George. Search does not work and I have lost virtually all my posts. A few days ago they were assigned incorrectly to another user. Today I see they are assigned to the forum administrator... :-(

• george.baker
      george.baker
      314 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: New Hot Spot issues

‏2013-04-22T16:40:25Z  in response to Pathogen67

The FAQs, posted 4/18/2013, states

Q.  Why doesn't search work?
      A.  Due to the volume of data, it takes several days to build the search index.  The initial search index following the upgrade is still running.  When it is finished, search will work as expected.

Well, it think that this is smoke.  This upgrade has been mishandled.

In addition, the iSeries demo is dead and nothing seems to be happening to restore it.

Will some responsible for the Hot Spot and the Demo site please take ownership and give us an update as to what is going on and give us a realistic timeframe for when things will return to operability?