10 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-10-22T14:49:34Z by sdiering
techtechy
techtechy
10 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Unable to assign New Page in DashBoard

‏2013-10-01T12:02:17Z |

Hi,

I have created DashBoard in service viewer and assigned that dashboard to new page. I have use a icon and gived service link to that icon. Now when I am clicking on that icon it is rediecting to that service relationship herearicy at same page. I want to redirect that service to new page.
Please suggest.

regards

techtechy

• randybrown
    randybrown
    54 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Unable to assign New Page in DashBoard

‏2013-10-01T20:36:48Z  in response to techtechy

Hi,

For custom canvases (which I assume is what you mean by Dashboard in Service Viewer), there is a default action for single click and double click, as well as a default set of context menus. These are defined in a file called ViewDefinition_CustomView.xml, which is stored in the TBSM database.

You can use the TBSM getArtifact command to retrieve this file. You can then add a block to change the default actions for a template. Then when the service in the custom canvas has that template, it will get actions you define for single click, double click, or popup menus.

Then you also have to define the actions that will be launched and put the action files in the database. Please look in the TBSM Customization Guide to see if there is documentation on defining actions and modifying the behavior for the custom canvas.

I will look through our publications and see if I can suggest some links, but I wanted to post a response as soon as I could.

This is somewhat advanced customization of TBSM, but hopefully this will get you started...

Randy Brown

• techFanatic
      techFanatic
      32 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-03T12:00:58Z  in response to randybrown

Hi Randy,

I have a smilar problem as mentioned above.What script should we write to change the action to,the XML mentions as showm below?I want that if i double click on the image showing the status of a service then the service tree must open on a tab.

The content in the ViewDefinition_CustomView.xml is as below

<templateMapping primaryTemplateName = "BasicImage">

<expandCollapseTemplate>false</expandCollapseTemplate>

<expandCollapseInitiallyTemplate>false</expandCollapseInitiallyTemplate>

<groupingField>PrimaryTagName</groupingField>

<groupingGraphLayout>TightTiledGrid</groupingGraphLayout>

<groupingInitiallyExpanded>true</groupingInitiallyExpanded>

<indicatorMapping visualRepresentation = "RADPrototype">
            </indicatorMapping>

<actionMapping
             clickType = "~singleClicked"
             actionName = ""/>
            <actionMapping
             clickType = "~doubleClicked"
             actionName = "UserDefinedURL"/>
            <actionMapping
             clickType = "~popupMenu"
             actionName = ""/>

</templateMapping>

I guess the UserDefinedURL points to canvasOpenURLActions.xml file.

AEL opens on a new tab.Below is the URL action For AEL as given in  canvasOpenURLActions.xml

<openURLAction description="Show service affecting events in an AEL."
          displayName="Service Affecting Events (AEL)"
          enableDisableExpression="" name="ShowRawEvents"
          permissionCheckerClassName="com.micromuse.sla.map.AVCheckRADInstancePermissionsImpl"
          roleRequired="ncw_user"
          visibleInGUI="true"
          target="javascript:new parent.TBSM_executeCMSAction(__URL__);">
        {
          "portletPageID": "item.desktop.navigationElement.AEL",
          "sendToSelf": "false",
          "portletNamespace": "__portletNamespace__",
          "iscNamespace": "__iscNamespace__",
          "launchType": "PORTAL_PAGE",
          "isAEL": "true",
          "parameters": [
                { "name": "filterName", "value": "RawEvents__"_"+ServiceInstanceID__"},
                { "name": "registerFilter", "value": "true"},
                { "name": "forceOverwrite", "value": "true"},
                { "name": "viewName", "value": "__replace(WebtopViewName,''+NULL,'RawEvents')__"},
                { "name": "viewType", "value": "system"},
                { "name": "RADEntityName", "value": "__entityName__"},
                { "name": "switchPage", "value": "true"},
                { "name": "RADEventFilterType", "value": "RawEvents"}
                        ]
         }
      </openURLAction>

Is it possible to create a new page and re-direct the click action to this page,taking the instance id from the click and displaying the corresponding service tree on that page?

How do we go about changing the action to a new page containing the service tree and what fields have to be added in addition to the above one's?

Regards,

techFanatic

Updated on 2013-10-03T13:40:58Z at 2013-10-03T13:40:58Z by techFanatic
      • randybrown
        randybrown
        54 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-04T13:30:56Z  in response to techFanatic

Hi,

The steps to create an action and configure the action for a custom canvas are a bit long, though I think fairly easy to understand.

Rather than place them inline here, I am attaching a short document. I put this together rather quickly and tried it out as I wrote it, but I think this should help you quite a bit to understand the components involved.

Regards...

Randy Brown

Attachments

• techtechy
          techtechy
          10 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-17T07:56:25Z  in response to randybrown

Hi randy,

i m folloing steps given in document provided by you.

bash-3.00$ ./getArtifact.sh -category menuactions -subcategory action -name $TBSM_HOME/av/xmlconfig/canvasOpenURLActions.xml -directory $TBSM_HOME/XMLtoolkit/bin/temp/tbsmartifact
          Command processing started: getArtifact
          Enter the database user:

database name
          Enter the database password:

GTMCL7127E The specified file or artifact was not found in the database.

It is giving error

GTMCL7127E The specified file or artifact was not found in the database.

Please suggest.

Regards

techtechy

• sdiering
            sdiering
            14 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-17T13:18:00Z  in response to techtechy

you need to get the UserDefinedURL.xml artifact (not canvasOpenURLActions.xml)

./getArtifact.sh -category menuactions -subcategory action -name UserDefinedURL.xml -directory $TBSM_HOME/XMLtoolkit/bin/temp/tbsmartifact

steve

• techtechy
              techtechy
              10 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-18T08:34:44Z  in response to sdiering

Hi sdiering,

UserDefinedURL.xml  is not in server.

Regards

techtechy

• sdiering
                sdiering
                14 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-18T15:45:01Z  in response to techtechy

i looked into how the UserDefinedURL.xml action works and you don't need to modify it at all.

the key to getting a double-click on a Basic Image to work is to use the Inspector while in edit mode and fill in a URL as the value of the UserDefinedURL property.  see the attached image.  once you save the change, double-clicking on the image will open that URL.

the URL can specify a launch of another TIP page

steve

Attachments

• techtechy
                  techtechy
                  10 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-21T10:27:40Z  in response to sdiering

Hi sdiering,

I tried steps suggested by u. But UserDefinedURL option is not coming in Inspector. i have checked in service viewer but there for Custom View  'Edit View Definition' button is disabled.

Attachments

• techtechy
                    techtechy
                    10 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-22T13:16:32Z  in response to techtechy

Hi,

1) I have created a portlet of service 3GVoice.
                    2) Then created a page and assign that portlet to page.

3) I have created new file LaunchFromNew_CellC_3GVoiceService_Template.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
                      <openURLAction description="Display service viewer for the selected service instance." displayName="Launch Service Viewer" enableDisableExpression="" name="LaunchFromNew_CellC_3GVoiceService_Template" permissionCheckerClassName="com.micromuse.sla.map.AVCheckRADInstancePermissionsImpl" roleRequired="tbsmViewService" target="javascript:new parent.TBSM_executeCMSAction(__URL__);" visibleInGUI="true">{ "portletPageID": "com.ibm.isclite.admin.PortletPicker.navigationElement.pagelayoutA.modified.hjnRfyDg9McS8DTZ23Z6O3S1381919527770", "sendToSelf": "false", "portletNamespace": "__portletNamespace__", "iscNamespace": "__iscNamespace__", "launchType": "PORTAL_PAGE", "parameters": [ {"name": "serviceID", "value": "__ServiceInstanceID__" }, {"name": "serviceName", "value": "__ServiceInstanceName__" }, {"name": "serviceDisplayName", "value": "__FullDisplayName__" }, {"name": "namespace", "value": "tbsm" } ] }</openURLAction>

4) And I have done changes in ViewDefinition_CustomView.xml

<templateMapping primaryTemplateName="New_CellC_3GVoiceService_Template">
                      <expandCollapseTemplate>false</expandCollapseTemplate>
                      <expandCollapseInitiallyTemplate>false</expandCollapseInitiallyTemplate>
                      <groupingField>PrimaryTagName</groupingField>
                      <groupingGraphLayout>TightTiledGrid</groupingGraphLayout>
                      <groupingInitiallyExpanded>true</groupingInitiallyExpanded>
                      <indicatorMapping visualRepresentation="RADPrototype" />
                      <actionMapping clickType="~singleClicked" actionName="InstantiateOneHopServiceMap" />
                      <actionMapping clickType="~doubleClicked" actionName="LaunchFromNew_CellC_3GVoiceService_Template" />
                      <actionMapping clickType="~popupMenu" actionName="ShowServiceInstanceEditor" />
                      <actionMapping clickType="~popupMenu" actionName="InstantiateOneHopServiceMap" />
                      <actionMapping clickType="~popupMenu" actionName="ChooseChildrenTool" />
                      <actionMapping clickType="~popupMenu" actionName="ShowMemberTemplates" />
                      <actionMapping clickType="~popupMenu" actionName="ViewTools" />
                      <actionMapping clickType="~popupMenu" actionName="IntegrationTools" />
                      <actionMapping clickType="~popupMenu" actionName="MaintTools" />
                      </templateMapping>

5) Then I ran ommand in $TBSM_HOME/XMLtoolkit/bin

./putArtifact.sh -U username -P password -c menuactions -s action -n $TBSM_HOME/XMLtoolkit/bin/temp/tbsmartifact/LaunchFromNew_CellC_3GVoiceService_Template.xml

./putArtifact.sh -U username -P password -c viewdefinition -n /temp/tbsmartifact/ViewDefinition_CustomView.xml

6) Then I ran command

2) rad_reinitcanvas.sh wasuserid waspassword           (user/password for TBSMProfile)

But still when I am clicking on dashboard in that 3GVoice service icon at same page it is opening service hierarchy. I want to open that service hierarchy to in didderent tab in new page.

regards,

techtechy

• sdiering
                      sdiering
                      14 Posts
                      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-22T14:49:34Z  in response to techtechy

if you want a new TIP page tab every time you double-click, then:

1. from TIP Navigator, open Settings > Pages
                      2. in Pages portlet, locate your target page
                      3. click your page name to open its details
                      4. set the Page tasking value to "Allow users to open multiple instances of this page"
                      5. save changes
                      6. retry launches - now a new TIP tab should open each time

steve