5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-06-17T17:45:30Z by sctr1998
sctr1998
sctr1998
4 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic WAS 8.0 'Retrieve From Port' failed

‏2013-06-12T15:25:01Z |

Hi,

I installed WAS 8.0.0.6 on XP and applied the FIX 6: 8.0.0-WS-WAS-FR0000006 to it.

When I tried to retrieve a SSL Certificate from "Retrieve from port" option, it failed with no error text message (it displayed the Host in red as error, with no other detail).

SSL certificate and key management > Key stores and certificates > NodeDefaultTrustStore > Signer certificates > Retrieve from port

Provided Host and Port, Alias.  Then clicked: 'Retrieve signer information' 

Does anyone know what is wrong or have any suggestion what is need to be done? Does it need to be patched with additional FIX?

Thanks very much,

• bpaskin
    bpaskin
    3867 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: WAS 8.0 'Retrieve From Port' failed

‏2013-06-12T16:24:16Z  in response to sctr1998

Hi, how are you specifying the hostname?

Brian

• gas
    gas
    888 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-12T16:25:29Z  in response to sctr1998

Hi,

Is it on your local machine? Verify that the host name resolves on the application server machine (if not local).

Use web browser eg. Firefox, to access that host:port combination that you are using and verify it is accessible.

If it is accessible, you can save certification to a local file from FireFox, and then import it to the TrustStore via Import option.

Gas

• sctr1998
      sctr1998
      4 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-12T16:40:06Z  in response to gas

Thanks Gas, Brian,

I'm able to access using a web browser, the web site via the host name; but unable to access via host:port.  So, I will double check with the web server administrator to verify connection detail.

I specified the host (url without the 'http://' ) provided by the Web Server administrator.

Thanks

• Sunit
        Sunit
        195 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-12T20:02:41Z  in response to sctr1998

Is there a firewall that is preventing connection to the remote site from the server? It might be available from your PC but not from the server.

You can verify by opening a command shell on the server and telnet to the server and port.

--Sunit

• sctr1998
          sctr1998
          4 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-17T17:45:30Z  in response to Sunit

Thanks all for your help.  

I was able to manually get the certificate from the browser and added it in to WAS 8.0 manually.

Yes, I have a proxy configured for my browser.  I believe WAS 8.0 was not able to access that server because WAS did not have proxy server configured properly.

The question is how do I configure the proxy server for WAS 8.0? I thought I did it by adding the java command option to the startServer.bat: -Dhttp.proxyHost=x.x.x.x  -Dhttp.proxyPort=80.  Apparently, that didn't work, WAS threw an UnknownHostException when the servlet tried to access the WebServices from that same server.

Thanks,