Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-04-22T16:50:57Z by rshelby
rshelby
rshelby
10 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic ecm.widget.listView.ContentList - disabling default double click event

‏2013-04-19T14:58:25Z |

The double click event in the content list widget seems to fire the fist action configured in the content list document menu .  Is there an option somewhere to disable this behavior?  I connected my own double click event (which fires successfully), however the print dialog box keeps showing up since this is the first menu action in my configuration.  Thanks in advance.

• damorris
    damorris
    770 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: ecm.widget.listView.ContentList - disabling default double click event

‏2013-04-22T16:12:51Z  in response to rshelby

Why wouldn't you just put your double click behavior in an action and make that action the first one in the item's context menu?  Generally we designed the application to work that way so that there is always a double-click behavior.

If you really have a reason why that won't work, you would probably need to 'new' your own ContentList and then do one of the following:

a.) do not use the default ICN RowContentMenu module

b.) create your own row context menu module & do anything you want in it, or 

c.) create a subclass of the default ICN row context menu module that does nothing on dblclick. 

• rshelby
      rshelby
      10 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: ecm.widget.listView.ContentList - disabling default double click event

‏2013-04-22T16:50:57Z  in response to damorris

Hi thanks for your reply.  I actually ended up making it an action and placing it first as you suggested.

I agree that this pattern makes sense since double clicking is an "action" on the item in the content list.  However I predict there will be a situation in the future where the client may want a specific order of the context list actions.  A "future nice to have" would be an option for the admin to configure which action they want fired when double clicking.  This way we can still reorder the menu items anyway we choose OOTB.

Thanks again,

Ryan

Updated on 2013-04-22T16:51:45Z at 2013-04-22T16:51:45Z by rshelby