Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-09-23T04:27:45Z by LukeMcKenna
enrico.vannini
enrico.vannini
21 Posts

Pinned topic WRT thresholds - and self baselining

‏2013-08-30T13:21:57Z |

By default WRT provides a few thresholds, defined over a 'good' 'slow' or 'bad' status.

Sadly the definition for 'slow' and 'bad' is based (on TEPS) on some optional values that user will add thru the AMCE (dialog shipped with T3 agent). End user will define there a specific value for each transaction above which the request is defined bd (default=10 secs for all)

Those definition are then deployed on all the agents in a file which I think (not sure) is /opt/ibm/ccm/ITM_WRT/tmaitm6/camconfig/T5/WRT_Defaults.xml

What is the advantage of having these situations reported here, hard coded ?

The lack of AMCE also causes a second minor problem: user cannot customize grouping and reporting rules for transactions.

Thanks

Enrico Vannini

• enrico.vannini
    enrico.vannini
    21 Posts

Re: WRT thresholds - and self baselining

‏2013-08-30T13:23:39Z  

The following argument is partially related to the above post, but is something more. This is why I decided for a post and a reply, rather then a single one, or rather then two standalone posts:

I agree with hiding ITM complexity, but latest versions of ITM includes many features (implementable even via tacmd) to create baselines on a generic metric via command line and define thresholds on it.

It happened to me (and for sure to many others reading) to implement something similar for specific customers/agents, and it was easy enough. Best ever would be to have it here too

Feel free to contact me if you want more details or more clear description of what I mean

Thanks

Enrico Vannini

• LukeMcKenna
    LukeMcKenna
    2 Posts

Re: WRT thresholds - and self baselining

‏2013-09-23T04:27:45Z  

The following argument is partially related to the above post, but is something more. This is why I decided for a post and a reply, rather then a single one, or rather then two standalone posts:

I agree with hiding ITM complexity, but latest versions of ITM includes many features (implementable even via tacmd) to create baselines on a generic metric via command line and define thresholds on it.

It happened to me (and for sure to many others reading) to implement something similar for specific customers/agents, and it was easy enough. Best ever would be to have it here too

Feel free to contact me if you want more details or more clear description of what I mean

Thanks

Enrico Vannini

Enrico,

They are good points you raise. As you know, with Application Insight the focus has been on ease of use, we are reviewing configuration options for future releases, but I don't have anything concrete I can share publicly yet.

Please feel free to contact me offline if you would like more information.

Regards
    Luke McKenna
    --
    Development and Release Manager, SmartCloud APM
    Australia Development Lab