Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-23T17:15:45Z by TrentRS
TrentRS
TrentRS
2 Posts

Pinned topic CTG 8 where is CUC service ?

‏2013-08-20T19:47:56Z |

Version is CTG 8.0.0.0

Previous I used CTG Version (5-7)  on windows servers and there were Windows Services for both CTG and CUC components

But after install of CTG 8  there is only a IBM CICS Transaction Gateway Service,.

If I run a a cicsterminal it says "CCL738E - The client daemon has not been started"

If I manually run cclclnt.exe cicsterm works fine.

Since I dont have a service how do I automatically start CUC?

Any Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Paul Crockett
    Paul Crockett
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: CTG 8 where is CUC service ?

‏2013-08-23T11:09:45Z  

Hi Trent,

The CICS Transaction Gateway product comprises two components, the Client daemon and the Gateway daemon. Prior to V8.0, it was possible to operate the two of these independently - you could start the Client daemon in isolation if this is all that you required. The two components were installed as two separate services - the IBM CICS Transaction Gateway service operated the Gateway daemon, and the IBM CICS Universal Client service operated the Client daemon.

From V8.0, we tried to remove the distinction between the two parts, and now the IBM CICS Transaction Gateway service incorporates both the Client daemon and the Gateway daemon components. It is no longer possible to start or stop the two components independently, or to operate the Gateway daemon in console mode.

The following information center topics might be of use:

If you previously only used the IBM CICS Universal Client service, your existing configuration file will continue to work with CICS TG V8.0. It is not necessary to configure or use any of the Gateway daemon components if they are not required. However, the Gateway daemon itself will always be started.

One important thing to note :- In earlier versions, the IBM CICS Universal Client service would be started automatically as soon as an attempt was made to communicate with CICS (including using CICS Terminal and other tools). This no longer occurs and the IBM CICS Transaction Gateway service must be started before you use any applications that communicate with CICS.

I hope this answers your question.

Paul

Updated on 2013-08-23T11:55:43Z at 2013-08-23T11:55:43Z by Paul Crockett
  • Paul Crockett
    Paul Crockett
    1 Post

‏2013-08-23T11:09:45Z  

Hi Trent,

The CICS Transaction Gateway product comprises two components, the Client daemon and the Gateway daemon. Prior to V8.0, it was possible to operate the two of these independently - you could start the Client daemon in isolation if this is all that you required. The two components were installed as two separate services - the IBM CICS Transaction Gateway service operated the Gateway daemon, and the IBM CICS Universal Client service operated the Client daemon.

From V8.0, we tried to remove the distinction between the two parts, and now the IBM CICS Transaction Gateway service incorporates both the Client daemon and the Gateway daemon components. It is no longer possible to start or stop the two components independently, or to operate the Gateway daemon in console mode.

If you previously only used the IBM CICS Universal Client service, your existing configuration file will continue to work with CICS TG V8.0. It is not necessary to configure or use any of the Gateway daemon components if they are not required. However, the Gateway daemon itself will always be started.

One important thing to note :- In earlier versions, the IBM CICS Universal Client service would be started automatically as soon as an attempt was made to communicate with CICS (including using CICS Terminal and other tools). This no longer occurs and the IBM CICS Transaction Gateway service must be started before you use any applications that communicate with CICS.

Paul

Updated on 2013-08-23T11:55:43Z at 2013-08-23T11:55:43Z by Paul Crockett
  • TrentRS
    TrentRS
    2 Posts

‏2013-08-23T17:15:45Z  

Hi Trent,

Paul

Thank you very much for your reply.