• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2015-01-21T01:17:36Z by vivian_lee
Jay2000
Jay2000
1 Post

Pinned topic Creating a credentials file to use the Boardreader Application

‏2013-07-26T01:03:23Z |

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to follow the steps to create a credential file to store my license key for the boardreader application. I have opened Terminal but from there I am not clear on the steps to be followed to create and save the credential file. I am new to Terminal. Is anyone able to clearly lay out the steps and commands needed to do this - I could not follow the Help documentation. Thank you

• SusanArdoff
    SusanArdoff
    3 Posts

Re: Creating a credentials file to use the Boardreader Application

‏2013-07-29T15:49:12Z  

Hi,

The BigInsights Information Center has additional information about creating and saving a credential file in the topic Loading and storing credentials in the credential store. You can find the information here: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/bigins/v2r1/topic/com.ibm.swg.im.infosphere.biginsights.admin.doc/doc/bi_admin_load_credstore.html

Please let me know if you need additional help, and I can work on finding more information for you.

Thanks,

Susan

• Chris Barton
    Chris Barton
    1 Post

‏2014-03-22T19:02:32Z  

Hi,

The BigInsights Information Center has additional information about creating and saving a credential file in the topic Loading and storing credentials in the credential store. You can find the information here: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/bigins/v2r1/topic/com.ibm.swg.im.infosphere.biginsights.admin.doc/doc/bi_admin_load_credstore.html

Please let me know if you need additional help, and I can work on finding more information for you.

Thanks,

Susan

I found this answer trying to solve the same problem.  The documentation isn't clear.  It tells you all about the shell script to load and store the credential file, but never actually tells you how to make a credential file to load and store.  I need to know that step.  It's a tutorial, a paragraph giving the exact steps one would take (creating the file, what exact command to store it with, etc.) would be extremely helpful.

• vivian_lee
    vivian_lee
    3 Posts

‏2015-01-21T01:17:36Z  

I found this answer trying to solve the same problem.  The documentation isn't clear.  It tells you all about the shell script to load and store the credential file, but never actually tells you how to make a credential file to load and store.  I need to know that step.  It's a tutorial, a paragraph giving the exact steps one would take (creating the file, what exact command to store it with, etc.) would be extremely helpful.

Hi Chris,

I'm interested in the same question. Have you figured out how to create a credential file?

Thanks!

VIvian